|State Assembly Constituency||Pallavaram|
|• Municipal Chairman||C.V Elangovan (ADMK PARTY)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
600075 (Pammal), 600044 (Nagalkeni)
|Vehicle registration||TN-85 (New) ,TN-22 (Old)|
|Civic Agency||Chennai Corporation|
Pammal is a neighbourhood in the Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is a residential locality and a selection-grade municipality. It is located next to Pallavaram on the western side. It lies on the western side of the Grand Southern Trunk Road (GST Road). Pallavaram - Thuraipakkam 200 feet Radial Road connects Pammal with Thuraipakkam and other areas in OMR(Rajiv Gandhi Salai) and ECR Road.The Service Road along Chennai Bypass Flyover in Pammal connects many areas with Pammal.The Chennai Outer Ring Road is just 5 km from Pammal.
As of 2011, it had a population of 75,870.
Leather and tannery factories are present in and around Pammal, which are labour-intensive and employ many people. Pammal Sambandha Mudaliar, the father of modern Tamil theatre, was born in Pammal. It is very close to Chennai International Airport. There are many famous temples in Pammal from various religions like Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Jain.
Pammal is made up of many communities and townships:
- Muthamizh Nagar
- Krishna Nagar
- Aranganathan Nagar
- Anna Nagar
- Ayyappa Nagar
- Ponni Nagar
- Thiruvalluvar Nagar
- Sambandhanar Nagar
- VOC Nagar
- Easwaran Nagar
- HL Colony
- LIC Colony
- Shankar Nagar
- Pasumpon Nagar
- Arkeeswarar Colony
- Nadar Sanga Matriculation School
- Sri Sankara Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Annai Vailankanni Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Janatha Theatre, Pallavaram
- PVR Grand Galada, Pallavaram (Tirisulam)
- Ganesh Cinemas, Anakaputhur
- Velco Cinemas, Anakaputhur
- Arunmathi Theatre, Anakaputhur
- Thiruneermalai Perumal Temple Divya Desam
- Argeeswarar temple, VOC Nagar
- Siddhi Vinayagar Temple, Krishna Nagar
- Selva Vinayagar Temple, Muthamizh Nagar
- Rettai Pillayar Koil
- Sri Dharma Sastha and Sri Guruvayoorappan Temple, Shankar Nagar
- Pushpagireeswarar Temple
- Nagai Amman Temple, Muthamizh Nagar
- Bhavani Amman Temple, Shankar Nagar
- Sankara Vinayagar Sundara Anjaneyar Temple, Shankar Nagar
- Siva Vishnu Temple, VOC Nagar
- Nagavalli Amman temple in Nallathambi Main Road (Anna Nagar)
- Pammal Municipal Office located in Pozhichalur Main Road, Pammal
- BSNL Telephone Exchange, Pammal
- Pammal Post Office
- Pammal East Post Office
- TNEB Office,Pammal
- Airport Authority of India Signal Office
- Pammal Village Administration Office
- Pammal Sub Registrar Office
Corporation Status Awaited
Pammal is set to form as Pallavaram Corporation Zone. Soon, Pallavaram Municipality will merge with Pammal and Anakaputhur Municipalities, Pozhichalur, Cowl Bazaar,Tirusulam,Nanmangalam,Kovilambakkam and Moovarasampattu Village Panchayats,Thiruneermalai Town Panchayat to form Chennai Pallavaram Corporation, which comes under Greater Chennai Corporation.
Pammal Municipality covers the entire area of Pammal and Nagalkeni.
The Proposed Airport - Kilambakkam Metro extension of Blue Line will have Pallavaram Metro Station to serve in and around Pallavaram and Pammal￼.
The Airport - Kilambakkam Metro Line may have a different route via Pallavaram,Pammal,Thiruneermalai Service Road,Mudichur, and then Tambaram and straight along the GST Road upto Vandalur Kilambakkam.