|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Rocket artillery – Multiple rocket launcher|
|Place of origin||Argentina|
|In service||since 1980s|
|Used by||Argentine Army|
|Rate of fire||16 rockets in 7.5 secs|
|Maximum firing range||10,200 metres (6.3 mi)|
The SLAM (Sistema Lanzacohetes de Artillería Múltiple – or Multiple Rocket Launcher System) "Pampero" is an Argentinian multiple rocket launcher (a type of rocket artillery) from Cold War and modern eras. It is usually mounted on the chassis of an all-terrain Mercedes-Benz Unimog 4x4 vehicle to provide mobility, in a similar way to the soviet Katyushas.
The SLAM "Pampero" MRL was developed by CITEFA in 1980-1983, and was subsequently manufactured during the early 1980s by the DGFM “Fabrica Militar Fray Luis Beltran” in Rosario, Argentina. It is composed by a 16-tube launcher mounted on an Unimog 416 4x4 truck. The ammunition consists of 105mm "Pampero" artillery rockets, also developed by CITEFA, which can be armed with a variety of warheads. A total of five "Pampero" launchers on UNIMOG 416 chassis were built for the Argentine Army in 1983 (one of them the prototype and the others four for actual use) 
- Surface-Surface: self-propelled 16-tube MRL, mounted on top of a Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416 chassis.
- Air-Surface: 4 or 6-tube "Yaguareté" pod.
- Caliber: 105 millimetres (4.1 in)
- Length: 1,530 millimetres (5.02 ft)
- Motor: Solid-fuel rocket
- Weight: 30 kilograms (66 lb)
- Maximum range: 10,200 metres (6.3 mi)
- Dispersion: 68% of projectiles within an area of 300 m by 200 m
- Types: Rocket Types: HE, HE-I (HE-Incendiary), Inert (for training).
- Weight: 10.5 kilograms (23 lb)
(NOTE: some specifications differ slightly from source to source)
- Entered service: 1980s (Argentine Army)
- First used in action: ?
- Chassis: Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416 4x4 truck
- Crew: ?
- Weight loaded: 6110 kg
- Length: ? m (? Ft ?? in)
- Width: ? m
- Height (stowed): ? m
- Height (max elevation): ? m
- Max road speed: ? km/h
- Cruise range: ? km
- Engine: ?
- Transmission: ?
- Number of tubes: 16
- Launch Rate: 16 rockets in 7.5 seconds
- Reload time: 10 minutes
- Loader Type: Manual
- Launcher Drive: Electric
- Launcher Traverse: 90°
- Launcher Elevation: 0 to +52°
- Average unit cost: ?
- Artillery rockets, in "List of artillery"
- Argentina, in "List of artillery by country"
- Multiple rocket launcher
- Foss, Christopher F. (July 2004). Jane's Armour & Artillery, 2004-2005 (25th ed.). Jane's Information Group. ISBN 0-7106-2616-9.
- Garcia Loperena, Gaston Javier (2015). El Unimog en el Ejercito Argentino (in Spanish) (1st ed.). Buenos Aires: 1884 Editorial. ISBN 9789509822993. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
- (Spanish) Official Argentine Army website - Artillery Branch, field artillery equipment webpage (specifications and picture).
- (Spanish) Official website of the Argentine Army 3rd Artillery Group (page with picture and basic specifications)
- Official CITEFA website (Air-Surface version pictures with some specifications)
- Unofficial website (providing Description, Pictures and Specifications)
- (Spanish) Unofficial website (with organization and equipment of the Argentine Army, including details on the “Pampero”)
- Unofficial website (providing Specifications (with some differences))
- (Spanish) Description and specifications, Fabricaciones Militares website (accessed 2016-10-27)