|Parent company||Pamplin Entertainment|
|Founder||Robert B. Pamplin Jr.|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Pamplin Music was an independent Christian record label founded in 1995 by Robert B. Pamplin Jr. The label was a subunit of Pamplin Entertainment and in turn Pamplin Communications, which was already established in the Christian media market through book stores and video products.
Pamplin Music reported turning a profit in 1999 as well as being in the top five Christian music record labels. Despite this, Pamplin closed at the end of 2001, shuttering both its production and distribution operations.
Pamplin focused on the pop, soft rock, and R&B market segments. For other segments, they used sublabels. Red Hill Records, established in 2000 with A&R handled by Dan Michaels (according to Billboard), focused on electronic and pop music, and was generally aimed at the youth market. Organic Records was their label for alternative and modern rock artists. Cathedral Records and Crossroads served the gospel market segments. Cathedral did not close with the other sublabels, and established distribution through New Day Distribution.
While previous releases from parent company Pamplin Entertainment such as the Bibleman series had used existing distribution channels, with the establishment of Pamplin Music, the company began distributing its own material. In 1997 they began providing services to other labels as well. Distributed labels include:
- Audience Records
- Calvary Chapel Music
- Discovery House Music
- Infiniti Records
- KMG Records
- Rustproof Records
- Warren, Lindy (March 18, 1996). "Pamplin Expands Presence in Christian Marketplace". CCM Update. OCLC 22937802.
- Price, Deborah Evans (March 16, 1996). "Christian labels pop up around country". Billboard Magazine. 108 (11): 3.
- "Nation's Largest Independent Christian Music Company Turns Profit". PR Newswire. Pamplin Communications: 787. September 22, 1999.
- Price, Deborah Evans (December 1, 2001). "Doors close in Pamplin's beleaguered music division". Billboard. 113 (48).
- Price, Deborah Evans (May 6, 2000). "New Labels Enter Christian Market". Billboard Magazine. 112 (19): 8.
Dan Michaels has been tapped as director of marketing and artist development for the new label...
- Warren, Lindy (December 15, 1997). "Pamplin Inks Distribution Deals". CCM Update. OCLC 22937802.