Pana Hema Taylor
|Pana Hema Taylor|
14 September 1989 [|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Danielle Cormack (m. 2009; div. 2013)|
Pana Hema Taylor grew up in the town of Wairoa, where he became involved with the Mongrel Mob. In order to keep him from becoming a gang member, his parents, who had split up a while before, decided that he should live with his father in Christchurch, New Zealand where he attended Aranui High School. In 2007, he won best actor for his role as Mercutio in the school's production of Romeo & Juliet.
In 2009, 20-year-old Hema Taylor met 38-year-old actress Danielle Cormack when she was the costume/set designer on a play he was in. The two have a son, Te Ahi Ka, born 19 March 2010. In March 2015, Tiare Masina, his daughter with his current girlfriend Naomi, was born.
Hema Taylor was first seen on TV in 2007 on the Māori language educational series Whanau. He has since worked on various New Zealand feature films including Boy and Kawa. Hema Taylor is best known for his work in the Starz television series Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned, playing the role of the Syrian rebel Nasir. In 2014 he was cast as Mana in the New Zealand action film The Dead Lands.
|2007||Ebony Society||uncredited||Short film|
|2011||Good for Nothing||Young Native American|
|2012||The Most Fun You Can Have Dying||David|
|2014||The Dead Lands||Mana|
|2012||Spartacus: Vengeance||Tiberius / Nasir||Series regular: 9 episodes|
|2013||Spartacus: War of the Damned||Nasir||Series regular: 10 episodes|
|2014||The Brokenwood Mysteries||Jared Morehu||"Blood and Water" (S01E01)
"Sour Grapes" (S01E02)
"Playing the Lie" (S01E03)
"Hunting the Stag" (S01E04)
|2015||Westside||Bert Thompson||Main role|
- "The Story of Pana Hema-Taylor". Matthew Warner. Retrieved 23 November 2015.[better source needed]
- "Cast Profile - Kawa". Cinco Cine Productions. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Aranui pulls victory from tragedy". The Press. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Danielle Cormack: Love without barriers". NZ Woman's Weekly. 2010-09-07. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Pana Hema Taylor Facebook". Facebook.
- Itzkoff, Dave (18 January 2011). "He Is Spartacus: Liam McIntyre Talks About Taking Over in Season 2 of 'Blood and Sand'". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- "The Dead Lands (2014)". IMDb.
|This article about a New Zealand actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|