Panania railway station
|Location||Weston Street, Panania|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||22.55 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 December 1931|
|2013||1,610 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
In October 2011, the surrounding bus stops and station entrance were upgraded. In December 2014, scoping began for a further upgrade. In July 2018, the upgrade was completed which included new lifts, stairs, weather canopies, signage, refurbishments, toilets and CCTV.
Platforms and services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport
6 weekday morning peak services to Central & the City Circle via Sydenham
|2||services to Macarthur
4 weekday evening peak services to Campbelltown
Panania Station has bus stops located on both Braesmere Road on the north side and Anderson Avenue and Weston Street on the southside. All routes are operated by Transdev NSW.
It is also the side where Train Replacement buses stop during trackwork.
Anderson Avenue/Weston Street
- 923: To Bankstown via Picnic Point (Some services start at Picnic Point Boatshed)
- 924: East Hills to Bankstown
Panania station is served by one NightRide route.
- N40: East Hills to City Town Hall
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Panania Station NSWrail.net
- Panania Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest April 1986 page 119
- "Salt Pan via Dumbleton. The Story of the East Hills Line'" ARHS Bulletin September 2001
- Panania - Transport Interchange Upgrade Transport for NSW 2 December 2011
- Major upgrade to begin at Panania station Transport for NSW 5 December 2014
- "Panania Station Upgrade". Transport for NSW. 30 June 2017. Archived from the original on 29 May 2020. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Transport Access Program" (PDF). Transport for NSW. Archived (PDF) from the original on 29 May 2020. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.