|• Leader,Town Panchayat||Karunanidhi KKN|
|Elevation||110 m (360 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arakonam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sholinger|
Panapakkam is a panchayat town in Vellore district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.This town is located in the Vellore District about 85 kilometres from the state capital of Chennai. Panapakkam is supposedly one of the hottest towns in India (next to Vellore), where the temperature can exceed 43°C (110°F) for several days in peak of the summer.
As of 2001[update] India census, Panapakkam had a population of 10,142. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Panapakkam has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 57%. In Panapakkam, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
All agriculture land are converting to Flat and Plot System.
Panapakkam is very near to Kancheepuram new greenfield Airport.
Panapakkam is about 85 km west of Chennai, 50 km east of Vellore and 20 km west of Kanchipuram and 20 km from Arakkonam.
- Nearest airport: Chennai
- Nearest seaport: Chennai
- Nearest railway station: Arakonam
- Nearest railway station: Kanchipuram
Weaving (powerlooms, waterjets & handlooms)
- Government higher secondary school
- Government girls' higher secondary school
- Sri Sarswathi matric. higher secondary school
- Mayura Theater
- Sundharam Theater
The closest large theater is 20 km away in Kanchipuram Babu & Aruna & Narayanamoorthy
Banks and ATM centers
- Canara bank (ATM available in bazaar near bank).
- Vellore Central Co-Operative Bank.
- Axis Bank ATM in Vellore To Arakkonam Road.
- Bank Of India(ATM available in Sannadhi Street near bank).
Government and private bus facilities to Vellore, Tiruttani, Arakkonam and Kanchipuram are available every 5 minutes.
Lamination, color xerox, photos, tirumala tirupati e- Dharsanam ticket booking, & online service availability this shop & online shopping available. Gov't boys higher secondary school opposite Panapakkam.
Recently the assembly constituency has changed to Sholingur from Arakonam.
The present sitting MLA Mr.P.R.MANOKAR (DMDK) got elected in the 2011 Tamil Nadu assembly election.
The present sitting MP Mr.K.Hari (ADMK) got elected in the 2014 Parliamentary election.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.