This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Years active||2004–2016; 2019|
|Spouse||Farhan Rana Rajput|
Life and career
Panchi Bora is a native of Assam and her father is a retired army officer who relocated to Pune after his service. She wanted to become a lawyer and enrolled at the ILS Law College in Pune. During her first year in college, she appeared in commercials and television advertisements. She worked alongside her mother in a Tata Indicom commercial, and got a break in a Cadbury advertisement.
Panchi Bora, an Indian actress, was discovered by Ekta Kapoor, the head of Balaji Telefilms, after seeing her advertisement. Kapoor offered her a role in the first-ever soap to be aired on MTV, Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, in which she played the character of Ananya Puri, a radio jockey. After the show, Bora decided to complete her graduation and enrolled at Fergusson College, Pune, to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree. Ekta Kapoor then approached her again for a role in Balaji Telefilms' series Kayamath. Bora said that initially she was not interested in the role but that after Ekta Kapoor persisted and narrated the script to her, she took it up as she found it interesting. She played the central role of Prachi in Kayamath, who according to Bora was "a simple girl, very shy and attached to her family" and "unlike me in real life". After Kayamath she had a break (2009–2012) then she came back with Bid Aai also on STAR Plus. In 2010, while in Russia, she was selected to play the female lead in an English-language Russian TV production titled The Hindu – The Indian. She played Maya, an Indian girl, who she described as "extremely spiritual" and shot for it in parts of North India and Moscow. In 2012, she made an appearance in Gumrah: End of Innocence in which she played a fun loving girl Neelam who aspires to be a designer.
She made her feature film debut in the 2011 Telugu film Aakasame Haddu. About her performance in the film, The Hindu wrote, "Panchi Bora is gorgeous and slips easily into the role of a two timer". Her second film was Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?, in which she was paired with Nandamuri Balakrishna. In Yamini Chandrasekhar she played the titular character, Yamini, an archaeology student.
|2012||Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?||Visalakshi||Telugu|
|2013||It's My Life||Kajal||Hindi|
|2004–2005||Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi||Ananya Puri|
|2007||Kahiin To Hoga||Guest (as Prachi)||Special appearance|
|Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii|
|Kasautii Zindagii Kay|
|2007–2009||Kayamath||Prachi Milind Mishra|
|2008||Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan||Guest (as Prachi)||Special appearance|
|Karam Apnaa Apnaa|
|Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket||Contestant|
|2009||Bigg Boss 3||Guest||Spent 3 days|
|2010||The Hindu||Maya||Russian series|
Nominated, Best Actress of Drama Series at Monte-Carlo Television Festival
|Keshav Pandit||Sonu Juneja|
|2012||Gumrah: End of Innocence||Neelam||Episodic appearance|
|2015–2016||Gangaa||Jhanvi Sagar Chaturvedi|
- Nishant (8 August 2007). "Panchi, no time for love". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 26 December 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Metro Plus Visakhapatnam / Television : Twice lucky!". The Hindu. 17 February 2007. Archived from the original on 22 February 2007. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Panchi Bora is on cloud nine – Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 25 November 2008. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "rediff.com: When Ekta Kapoor tracked down Panchi Bora!". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "rediff.com: When Ekta Kapoor tracked down Panchi Bora!". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Panchi flies to Moscow". Hindustan Times. 12 January 2010. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Panchi Bora back with Gumrah". The Times of India. 28 May 2012. Archived from the original on 31 October 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary (10 September 2011). "Aakasame Haddu – Love guru weaves the magic". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Actress Panchi Bora | Lakshmi Manchu". CineGoer.com. 4 December 2011. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- M. L. Narasimham (8 February 2014). "Yamini Chandrasekhar: The mystery deepens". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Russian World Studios". Rwstudio.com. Archived from the original on 18 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.