|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 3214|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Panchla|
Panchla is located at  It has an average elevation of 7 metres (22 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India Panchla had a total population of 26,432 of which 13,573 (51%) were males and 12,859 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,528. The total number of literates in Panchla was 18,730 (81.78 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Panchla had a population of 22,087. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Panchla has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 58%. In Panchla, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Zardozi embroidery with gold zari, seed pearls, sequins and beads is mainly produced by Muslim craftsmen of Panchla with six basic designs – leaf, flower, bird, animal, geometric and filler. This ornamental and dramatic embellishment is being used to create exclusive garments and accessories by leading fashion houses worldwide.
- "District-wise list of stautory towns". Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Panchla
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Crafts and Textiles". Zardozi. Crafts Council of West Bengal. Retrieved 2009-01-28.