Panchla (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Total||20.63 sq mi (53.42 km2)|
|• Density||10,370/sq mi (4,004/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||71.42 per cent|
Panchla (community development block) (Bengali: পাঁচলা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Howrah Sadar subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Panchla police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Bikihakola. Bikihakola, Beldubi, Jala Kendua, Gabberia, Paniara, Panchla and Sahapur are urban areas in this block.
Panchla is located at .
As per 2001 census, Panchla block had a total population of 213,893, out of which 109,229 were males and 104,664 were females. Panchla block registered a population growth of 15.92 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Panchla block had a total literacy of 71.42 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 78.55 per cent female literacy was 63.95 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Panchla
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.