Panda Cloud Antivirus
||Parts of this article (those related to Panda Antivirus) need to be updated. (January 2015)|
|Initial release||November 10, 2009|
16.1.1 / February 2016
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Available in||English, German, Spanish, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish and Chinese|
Panda Cloud Antivirus is an antivirus software developed by Panda Security, a free and a paid version are available. It is cloud-based in the sense that files are scanned on a remote server without using processing power of the user's machine. The cloud technology is based on Panda's Collective Intelligence. It can run constantly, providing protection against viruses and malicious websites but slowing the system to some extent, or do a system scan.
According to Panda Security, Panda Cloud Antivirus is able to detect viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, dialers, hacking tools, hacker and other security risks.
Panda Cloud Antivirus relies on its "Collective Intelligence" and the cloud for up-to-date information. It normally uses an Internet connection to access up-to-date information; if the Internet cannot be accessed, it will use a local cache of "the most common threats in circulation".
An April 2009 review found Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.0 to be clean, fast, simple, easy to use, and with good detection rates. The same review scored Panda 100.00% in malware detection and 100.0% in malicious URL detection. Its overall score was 100%, a strong protection factor considering it is software.
When Softpedia reviewed the software they said that it had a high overall detection rate, but had trouble listing all the results. Overall they say it is the best in the market for lightweight usage, and is easy to use, with a clean interface. Version 1.4 changes: Toolbar and URL Filtering compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4
Other cloud-based anti-virus companies are:
- "What is Collective Intelligence?". Cloudantivirus.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- [dead link]
- "What type of threats does the antivirus detect?". Cloudantivirus.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "What is the cloud?". Cloudantivirus.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "What happens if my computer is not connected to the Internet?". Cloudantivirus.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- James Wray and Ulf Stabe (2009-04-29). "Review: Panda Cloud Antivirus - Security". Thetechherald.com. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- Rubenking, Neil J. (2009-11-13). "Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition 1.0 Review & Rating". PCMag.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Panda Cloud Antivirus review". TechRadar.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Panda Cloud Antivirus is a Lightweight, Always-Updated Virus Killer". Lifehacker.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Ionut Ilascu (2009-11-10). "Panda Cloud Antivirus Goes Final". Softpedia.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Panda Cloud AntiVirus | Software EULA's Blog". Softwareula.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.