|Products||Mobile phones, TV sets and others|
|Revenue||US$5 billion (2007)|
Panda Electronics is a Chinese manufacturer and brand for electronic products. The products include mobile phones, datacards, TV sets and set top boxes, administrative software, electronic instruments, satellite and mobile communication.
Panda Group was originally a radio manufacturer established in 1936 under the Nationalist government. The company was moved to Taiwan during the Chinese Civil War and the remaining plant was re-established as Nanjing Wireless Electronics Plant and in 1995 renamed Panda Electronics Group. Nanjing Panda Electronics Co Ltd, controlled by the Panda Group, was listed on the Hong Kong and Shanghai stock exchanges in 1996. The company has links to the People's Liberation Army and also has a joint venture in North Korea in collaboration with the North Korean government.
In November 2020, Donald Trump issued an executive order prohibiting any American company or individual from owning shares in companies that the United States Department of Defense has listed as having links to the People's Liberation Army, which included Panda Electronics.
- Panda Company Profile Archived 2009-11-22 at the Wayback Machine
- The Industrial Map of the Yangtze River Delta. ChinaDatabar, Inc. p. 148. ISBN 978-0-9788395-0-5. Archived from the original on 2020-09-19. Retrieved 2021-03-17.
- Allen-Ebrahimian, Bethany (June 24, 2020). "Defense Department produces list of Chinese military-linked companies". Axios. Archived from the original on June 25, 2020. Retrieved June 24, 2020.
- Paul French (15 September 2007). North Korea: the paranoid peninsula--a modern history. p. 177. ISBN 9781842779057.
- Chen, Shawna (November 12, 2020). "Trump bans Americans from investing in 31 companies with links to Chinese military". Axios. Archived from the original on November 13, 2020. Retrieved November 12, 2020.
- Pamuk, Humeyra; Alper, Alexandra; Ali, Idrees (2020-11-12). "Trump bans U.S. investments in firms linked to Chinese military". Reuters. Archived from the original on 2020-11-13. Retrieved 2020-11-12.