|Directed by||Gopichand Malineni|
|Produced by||Ravi Kireeti|
|Screenplay by||Kona Venkat,|
|Story by||Veligonda Srinivas|
Rakul Preet Singh
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Cinematography||Arthur A. Wilson|
|Budget||₹15 crore (US$2.1 million)|
|Box office||₹35.6 crore (US$5.0 million)|
Panduga Chesko (English: Celebrate Festival) is a 2015 Telugu family comedy-drama film directed by Gopichand Malineni and produced by Paruchuri Kireeti on the United Movies banner. The film features Ram, Rakul Preet Singh and Sonal Chauhan in the lead roles and Brahmanandam, Sai Kumar in other important roles. The story was penned by Veligonda Srinivas and the screenplay was provided by Kona Venkat and Anil Ravipudi, with the former writing the dialogue. S. Thaman composed the music while Arthur A. Wilson and Gautham Raju handled the cinematography and editing of the film respectively.
The film is about a millionaire from Portugal who visits his family in India to resolve an old family issue. The film was officially launched on 17 May 2014 at Film Nagar in Hyderabad. The principal photography of the film started on 16 June 2014 at Hyderabad.
The film released on May 29, 2015 to mixed reviews from critics.
The movie starts with Karthik (Ram) who runs a multimillion-dollar company in Portugal living with his mother (Pavitra Lokesh), father (Rao Ramesh), brother in law and sister. Karthik runs the company where he has employed his father (Rao Ramesh), brother in law, and sister, keeping them on their toes to leave no stone unturned to take his company to greater heights. He meets another millionaire, Anushka (Sonal Chauhan), for a business deal. She decides to propose Karthik for marriage as a calculated move for their business. She also has to tie the knot with the right guy if she is to inherit her father's wealth. They get engaged, however Karthik's family is disappointed by the proposal.
One of Karthik's companies gets into legal trouble due to a case registered by The Green Army, headed by Divya (Rakul Preet Singh), against his factory, so he heads to India to sort out the issue.
He tries hard to convince Divya to withdraw her case, but in vain. Despite being engaged to Anushka, Karthik goes to great extent of trying to impress Divya, including teasing and flirting. However, Karthik later reveals his actual purpose of coming to India, as he is the son of Bhupathi's (Sampath Raj) sister, who has been staying away from her family for the past twenty-five years. Divya's father and his three brothers abandoned their respective wives and sent them back to their house to live with their own brother (Sai Kumar), because he refused to marry Bhupathi's sister. However, this was a sacrifice by Sai Kumar because Bhupathi's sister herself confessed that she was in love with someone else, Karthik's father. As it turns out, Bhupathi's sister is none other than Karthik's mother.
After seeing the fight of Karthik in an attempt to save Divya from brawlers, Bhupati meets Karthik for a marriage proposal with Divya. Karthik then goes to her village.
Karthik succeeds in impressing Divya and fooling everybody by reuniting his aunts, without knowing that he is Saraswati's son. Surprisingly, Anushka too arrives and thinks that it is her marriage. She irritates Divya and her family. Karthik makes Venkat Rao think that Anushka will marry him if he marries Divya. Before the marriage day, a gangster who was in love with Divya, sends men to kidnap her. But Karthik takes up the chance and fools them to believe that Anushka is the bride. The kidnap Anushka and Venkat Rao. In anger that the time for the property is up, she forces the gangster to tie the knot and living Venkat Rao escape. Meanwhile, Bhupati's rival gang kidnap her in temple. There Karthik beats them up and convinces everybody to reunite with his mother and her family and marries Divya, bringing Pandaga (festival) for the family.
- Ram Pothineni as karthik
- Sai Kumar as Sai Reddy
- Rakul Preet Singh as Divya
- Sonal Chauhan as Anushka(Sweety)
- Brahmanandam as Weekend Venkat Rao
- Adithya Menon as Main Antagonist
- Rao Ramesh as Karthik's father/Mr Rai
- Pavitra Lokesh as Karthik's mother/saraswati
- Tejaswi Madivada as Swathi
- Abhimanyu Singh as Shankar
- Sampath Raj as Bhupathi
- Raghu Babu as Raghupathi
- Vennela Kishore as Manager Konda
- M. S. Narayana as Swathi's father
- Vishnu Priya
In June 2013, reports emerged that Allu Arjun and Gopichand Malineni would be working together for a film which would be produced by Bandla Ganesh on the Parameswara Art Productions banner. However, in August 2013, it was reported that Dil Raju would produce the film on the Sri Venkateswara Creations banner. In September 2013, Kona Venkat confirmed that he would be penning the story and dialogue of the film. In a turn of events, Ram replaced Allu Arjun while Paruchuri Kireeti issued a press release that he would be producing the film on the United Movies banner. The film was titled as Pandaga Chesko in mid-February 2014. In early May 2014, the makers said that the film would be launched on 17 May 2014 and on the said date, the film was launched at Film Nagar in Hyderabad. S. Thaman composed the music while Arthur A. Wilson and Gautham Raju handled the cinematography and editing of the film respectively. The first look posters were unveiled on 14 January 2015 on the eve of Bhogi.
It was said in mid-February 2014 that Ram would sport a new look in this film. After Ram was selected as the protagonist of the film, Hansika was selected as the heroine of the film in early March 2014. Jagapathi Babu was recruited as the antagonist of the film in early April 2014. In early May 2014, Hansika was replaced by Rakul Preet Singh because the former had a lack of dates to accommodate due to multiple projects in hand by then. At the same time, reports emerged that Catherine Tresa would be selected as the second heroine in the film. Later she clarified that the makers did approach her for the role of second heroine but she rejected the offer since she was concentrating on main leads only. In mid-May 2014, the first look of Ram in this film was released which featured him stylish costumes. Hyderabad based Telugu actress Priya was selected to play an important character role in the film. In mid-June 2014, it was revealed that Ram would play the role of an NRI who visits his ancestral village to spend some time with his family and Rakul Preet Singh would play his love interest. In the second week of July 2014, Sonal Chauhan was selected as the second heroine in this film. A few more stills of Ram were released on 29 July 2014 which received a positive response. Tejaswi Madivada was confirmed as a part of the film's cast in mid-November 2014. Later, Sonal Chauhan confirmed that she too would be seen as a NRI. She said that her characterization is very intense similar to the role Sridevi played in Laadla. Abhimanyu Singh was signed for a parallel lead role alongside Ram and was paired with Sonal Chauhan. Rakul Preet said in an interview that she would be seen as an environmentalist in the film who takes herself too seriously.
In early June 2014, the makers confirmed that the principal photography of the film would start on 12 June 2014. However, it started on 16 June 2014 at Hyderabad due to a delay in music sittings. After completion of the first schedule, the second schedule started on 14 July 2014 at Hyderabad where some key scenes were shot on Ram and Rakul Preet Singh. Days later, some scenes on Ram and Vennela Kishore were shot at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. On 27 July 2014 Ram participated in an action sequence which was shot on a hilltop near Hyderabad. It was announced that on the schedule's completion in September 2014, the filming would continue in United States and the principal photography would end there on 15 November 2014. Meanwhile, the next schedule began on 15 August 2014.
A romantic song and a few key scenes were shot in Pollachi in that schedule. That schedule ended on 22 August 2014 and a new schedule started at Pollachi. A few action sequences were shot under the supervision of Stunt Silva until 30 August 2014. With this, most of the film's shoot was completed. The film's team returned from Pollachi on 14 September 2014 and the next schedule started at Hyderabad on the next day. Sonal Chauhan joined the film's sets at Annapurna Studios on 29 October 2014. Few key scenes on Ram, Rakul Preet and Sonal Chauhan were shot at Ramoji Film City in mid-December 2014. Rakul Preet revealed in an interview that she would participate in the shoot of the film's climax at Samalkota after completing the climax shoot of Shimla Mirchi.
S. Thaman composed the music for this film marking his hat-trick collaboration with Gopichand Malineni. The music sittings started at Thaman's music studio in Chennai where Gopichand Malineni, Ram and lyricist Bhaskarabhatla were also present. In early June 2014, the makers informed to the media that the music sittings were still ongoing under the supervision of Thaman. The music sittings ended on 16 June 2014. The audio was finally launched on 1 May 2015.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||24 July 2012|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Life Is Beautiful"||Chandrabose||Deepak, Rude, AK||3:53|
|2.||"Dorikaade Dorikaade"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Megha||3:31|
|3.||"Ye Pilla Pilla"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||S. Thaman||4:35|
|4.||"Chuda Sakagunnave"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Mansi, S. Thaman||4:04|
|5.||"Pandaga Chesko"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Seema, Geetha Madhuri, Anjana||3:25|
The film released on 29 May 2015 worldwide. The film had a prerelease business of ₹15.8 crore (US$2.2 million) including AP, overseas, and the rest of India.
Idlebrain rated the film 3/5 and stated, "Pandaga Chesko is a film with good interval twist and some laughs here and there. Plus points of the movie are performance by Ram and family orientation. But, story and scenes in the movie lack freshness. This movie has commercial entertainment and family emotions. Success of this movie depends on how family crowds embrace it!"
APToday rated it 2.75 out of 5 and stated, "Pandaga Chesko gives a deja vu feeling throughout the coarse of the movie. What works against the film is the fact that neither the story nor the format chosen to narrate it is refreshing in any way. How long does this so-called Star Writers use the same old formula again and again? Wake up guys, It's never too late...!"
Filmibeat rated it 3/5 and stated, "The characters and the story leaves a sense of dejavu since you have seen them before in hundreds of films. But, what matters is how well the director blended it with entertainment. Gopichand Malineni succeeds in producing two hours of laugh riot and that's all it takes to make a successful film in Telugu. Watch Pandaga Chesko to experience a comedy festival."
The Hindu called it formulaic film with a strong screenplay that brings laughter "at regular intervals".
Pandaga Chesko opened to occupancy ranging 65%-75% on its first day, collecting ₹2.5 crore (US$350,000) (share). On the second day, its collection dropped around to 20 percent. The film collected approximately ₹2 crore (US$280,000) (share) on the second day. Its two-day global total collection stands at ₹4.5 crore (US$630,000). The movie managed to collect a share of ₹10.15 crore (US$1.4 million) worldwide in 7 days. On the second week, the movie collected a total gross collection of ₹22.9 crore (US$3.2 million) worldwide giving a distributor share of ₹13.55 crore (US$1.9 million) which The Times of AP called "above average". Finally, The movie collected an estimated gross collection of ₹28.2 crore (US$3.9 million) worldwide giving a distributor share of ₹15.44 crore (US$2.1 million) and managed to recover its investment.
- "Pandaga Chesko gets a new release date". Indiaglitz Telugu.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150531215916/http://timesofap.com/cinema/news/pandaga-chesko-pre-release-business.html. Archived from the original on 31 May 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2015. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "Gopichand Malineni to direct Allu Arjun?". The Times of India. 22 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Allu Arjun to team up with Gopichand Malineni". The Times of India. 5 August 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Kona Venkat to pen for Allu Arjun's film". The Times of India. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram-Gopichand Malineni Film To Takeoff In February". IndiaGlitz. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram, Gopichand Malineni to team up". The Hans India. 13 January 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram's next film titled Pandaga Chesko". The Times of India. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram, Rakul Preet starrer Pandaga Chesko launched". The Times of India. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko to start on May 17". The Times of India. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram's "Pandaga Chesko" movie launched". IndiaGlitz. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko – Gopichand Malineni assures 'Pandaga' for Ram fans". IndiaGlitz. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Ram's 'Pandaga Chesko' Posters". IndiaGlitz. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Ram to sport new look for Gopichand Malineni's film". The Times of India. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Hansika to romance Ram". The Times of India. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Jagapathi Babu to play a baddie in Ram's film?". The Times of India. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Jagapathi Babu may not continue doing negative roles". The Times of India. 27 April 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Rakul Preet replaces Hansika in Ram's film". The Times of India. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Rakul Preet is in demand". The Times of India. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Catherine might be casted opposite Ram". Deccan Chronicle. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Catherine turns down second lead". Deccan Chronicle. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram ups the style quotient for Pandaga Chesko". The Times of India. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "A new Telugu girl in T-town". The Times of India. 22 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram to play an NRI in Pandaga Chesuko". The Times of India. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Sonal Chauhan to work with Ram". The Times of India. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Ram's new look in 'Pandaga Chesko'". IndiaGlitz. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Ram's new look in Pandaga Chesko". The Times of India. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Tejaswi Madivada signs Dil Raju's 'Kerintha'". IndiaGlitz. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Ram is very handsome, says Sonal Chauhan". The Times of India. 16 November 2014. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Counting his stars". Indian Express. 5 December 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "The new brigade takes over". The Hindu. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Ram's 'Pandaga Chesko' regular shooting from 12th". IndiaGlitz. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Ram's film to start from tomorrow". 123telugu.com. 15 June 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Ram's Pandaga Chesko enters second schedule". 123telugu.com. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko's shoot in Shamshabad airport". 123telugu.com. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Ram's Pandaga Chesko progressing briskly". The Times of India. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Ram, Rakul Preet Singh's First Look In Pandaga Chesko Revealed". Oneindia Entertainment. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko to be wrapped up by Nov". The Times of India. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "'Pandaga Chesko' next schedule from Aug 15th". IndiaGlitz. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko moves to Pollachi". 123telugu.com. 17 August 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- "'Pandaga Chesko' unit in Pollachi". IndiaGlitz. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Pandaga Chesko wraps up Pollachi schedule". The Times of India. 22 August 2014. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "'Pandaga Chesko' team in Pollachi". IndiaGlitz. 23 August 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Ram to shoot for action sequences". The Times of India. 25 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Ram fighting it out for Pandaga Chesko". Sify. 25 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Ram's Pandaga Chesko shoot moves to Hyderabad". The Times of India. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Sonal Chauhan joins Pandaga Chesko's team". The Times of India. 29 October 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Pandaga chesko shoot progressing in RFC". 123telugu.com. 15 December 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Rakul Preet wraps up shooting Kick 2". The Times of India. 28 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Pandaga Chesko release date". Indiaglitz Telugu.
- "Pandaga Chesko gets a release date". Indiaglitz Telugu.
- "Thaman begins audio sittings for Pandaga Chesko". The Times of India. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Ram to celebrate his birthday in Chennai". IndiaGlitz. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Pandaga Chesko pre-release business. newtelugunews.com. Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- Pandaga Chesko review by jeevi - Telugu cinema review - Ram, Rakul Preet Singh & Sonal Chauhan. Idlebrain.com (2015-05-29). Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- Pandaga Chesko Telugu Movie Review, Rating | Live Updates, Story, Public Talk, Ram. Aptoday.com (2015-05-29). Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- Anjuri, Pravallika. (2015-05-29) Pandaga Chesko Movie Review: Hilarious Feast. Filmibeat. Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- Pandaga Chesko: A summer treat. The Hindu (2015-05-29). Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- Ram's 'Pandaga Chesko', Suriya's 'Rakshasudu' Two-Day Box Office Collection. Ibtimes.co.in (2015-05-31). Retrieved on 2015-12-29.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150608020828/http://timesofap.com/cinema/news/pandaga-chesko-first-week-collections.html. Archived from the original on 8 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150615141511/http://timesofap.com/cinema/news/pandaga-chesko-2-weeks-collections.html. Archived from the original on 15 June 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2015. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150710151439/http://timesofap.com/cinema/post/pandaga-chesko-total-collections-ends-ram-s-flop-streak-.html. Archived from the original on 10 July 2015. Retrieved 9 July 2015. Missing or empty
- "ZEE Telugu bags Pandaga Chesko". Errabus.