|Produced by||Vijayalakshmi Ahathian|
|Music by||R. H. Vikram|
Tea Time Talks Production
|Distributed by||Auraa Cinemas|
|14 July 2017|
Velu is a waiter at a holiday resort in Chennai. He just wants to make enough money to pay for his working permit to work abroad. However, he has had a traumatic childhood. After the death of his parents, his uncle and aunt sent him to boarding school where he is initially bullied. In order to survive in the new, harsh environment, he learns to fight to protect himself. As a young adult, he moves to the city to start a new life. As poor, single young men, Velu and his roommate Tirupathi face lots of hardships in the city. They eventually meet Muni, an agent for an underground fight club. After seeing Velu win a fight at a bar, Muni introduces him to the ruthless owner of the fight club, Natwar Dada. Velu slowly rises up the ranks and becomes one of the city's best underground fighters. Velu then meets a girl named Kavya and plans to stop fighting in order to be with her, but first, he needs to make enough money to escape his current life. Velu also needs money to get his house back. Together, they hatch a plan to rig Velu's next fight with Victor, the city's top underground fighter. However, things do not quite turn out as planned.
The makers of the film initially narrated the script to Vikram Prabhu, but his unavailability meant that Krishna was signed on to play the lead role, with Nithin Sathya and Karunas selected to essay supporting roles. Pandigai began shoot in early June 2015, with Anandhi added to the cast to play the heroine. Nithin Sathya essays the role of Mundhiri Settu. Release of this movie is postponed from 7 July 2017 to a week later 14 July 2017.
- "Kreshna is the lead in Vijayalakshmi's film". Deccanchronicle.com. 2015-06-11. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "Vijayalakshmi gets Kreshna for her Lover ". IndiaGlitz. 2015-06-10. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "Krishna's next is titled as Pandigai with Anandhi as the heroine". Behindwoods. 2015-06-18. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "Nitin Sathya pins hope on Pandigai". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "IndiaGlitz — Krishna Anandhi Pandigai to hit the screens on July 14 2017 - Tamil Movie News". Retrieved 2017-07-07.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|