Pandit Nehru bus station
Expansion Works on Arrival Block of PNBS
|Location||Vijayawada, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Opened||23 September 1990|
Pandit Nehru Bus Station (PNBS) is a bus station in Vijayawada. It is owned by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. This is one of the major bus stations in Andhra Pradesh; it was also known as Telugu Satavahana Prayana Pranganam. It is one of the largest bus stations in Asia.
Names in blue colour indicates "Main Cities".
|2||Jangareddygudem, Hanuman Junction|
|6 to 7||Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam|
|8||Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam, Vizianagaram|
|9 to 10||Chirala, Vinukonda, Macherla, Piduguralla|
|11||Guntur Ac Non-stop|
|12 to 13||Guntur Non-stop|
|15 to 16||Ongole,Nellore, Kanigiri|
|17 to 18||Tirupati, Bengaluru, Chennai|
|19 to 20||Gudivada pallevelugu, Gudivada Non-stop|
|21 to 22||Machilipatnam palle velugu, Machilipatnam Non-stop|
|23 to 24||Bhimavaram(Express),Bhimavaram (Ac)|
|25 to 26||Vuyyuru, Avanigadda, Nagayalanka|
|27 to 28||Avanigadda, Kurnool, Adoni|
|29 to 30||Kadapa, Anantapur, Hindupur, Adoni,Kurnool|
|31,32,33||Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru
|34,35,36,37||Suryapet, Hyderabad(Super luxury)|
|38 to 39||Penuganchiprolu, Jaggaiahpet|
|40 to 41||Nalgonda, Kodad, Khammam, Madhira|
|42 to 43||Sathupally, Vissannapeta, Nuzividu|
|46||Bhadrachalam, Manuguru, Kunta, Adilabad, Hanmakonda|
|48 to 49||Mangalagiri, Guntur(Pallevelugu)|
|50||Tenali, Repalle(Palle velugu)|
|51 to 52||Tenali, Repalle(Non-Stop)|
Structure and services
The Deccan Queen of the Nizam State Railways - Road Transport Division is one of the notable features of the station. This bus stand is associated with a city bus station adjacent to it. This bus stand operates city buses in and outside of the city. The station operates buses to major destinations of the state and to neighbouring states like Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. Amaravati, Deluxe, Telugu Velugu, Express, Garuda, Garuda Plus, Indra, Super Luxury and Vennela are the fleets of buses operated from the station by the APSRTC. Palle velugu, Express, Deluxe, Super Luxury, Rajadhani A/C, Vajra A/C, Garuda, Garuda Plus are some of buses operated by TSRTC. The station provides amenities such as miniplex, ticket-vending and kiosks for passengers, and has a city bus port for local passengers.
Vijayawada city bus Port
The Vijayawada City Bus Port, formerly Vijayawada City Terminal, is situated to the north of the Pandit Nehru Bus Station. Built in 1990, it is a bus station that caters the city bus services. The bus station has 10 platforms and an office for city bus related information.
- City Ordinary - These city buses are the cheapest mode of transport in the city and connect the city with its suburbs, exurbs and rural areas.
- Metro Express and Metro Deluxe - These city buses operate as superfast services on trunk routes connecting the important centres of the city with its suburbs, exurbs and rural areas.
- Metro Deluxe AC and Metro Luxury AC - These buses connect the city with the Vijayawada International Airport and the city of Guntur.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pandit Nehru Bus Station.|
- "Bus stations across AP to be linked to PNBS". The Hindu. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Heritage activists See Red Over Nizam Era Bus". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "APSRTC: First govt agency to shift staff to Vijayawada". The New Indian Express. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Call to preserve 'Deccan Queen' for posterity – Times of India". The Times of India. Vijayawada. 27 December 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "APSRTC HQ shifts to Vijayawada". The New Indian Express. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.