Jump to navigation Jump to search
Panel buildings may refer to buildings of one of the following types:
- Built of structural insulated panels
- Built of pre-fabricated concrete blocks, named differently in various countries.
- Large Panel System building, often called Plattenbau from German or Panelák from Czech and Slovak, Blok from Polish or Panelház in Hungarian. Most, but not all Khrushchyovka houses in the former Soviet Union are also constructed using this technology.
Panel buildings can be either frameless (column-less), or the panels can be fitted to:
- Timber-, steel- or reinforced concrete-framed buildings,
- over common blockwork,
- or over existing masonry products.
|This article about a specific building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|