|Administrative region||East Macedonia and Thrace|
|• Municipality||701.4 km2 (270.8 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||79.6 km2 (30.7 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||4,251|
|• Municipal unit density||53/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality Pangaio was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 5 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
The municipality has an area of 701.427 km2, the municipal unit 79.634 km2.
The province of Pangaio (Greek: Επαρχία Παγγαίου) was one of the provinces of the Kavala Prefecture. It had the same territory as the present municipality, except a part of the municipal unit Eleftheroupoli. It was abolished in 2006.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- De Jure Hellenic Statistical Authority
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- "Detailed census results 1991" (PDF). (39 MB) (in Greek) (in French)
|This Eastern Macedonia and Thrace location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|