|• Sundanese||ᮊᮘᮥᮕᮒᮦᮔ᮪ ᮕᮍᮔ᮪ᮓᮛᮔ᮪|
Jaya Karsa Makarya Praja
Location within West Java
|• Regent||Jeje Wiradinata|
|• Vice Regent||Adang Hadari|
|• Total||1,680 km2 (650 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (WIB)|
|Website||Local Government Site|
Pangandaran Regency is a Regency in West Java province, Indonesia, formed on 25 October 2012 out of the southern portion of Ciamis Regency. The population of this area as at the 2010 Census was 383,848. The administrative capital is Parigi.
In 2011 Ciamis Regency was boosting the (new) tourist destinations with an idea of making a new Regency on the south of the '(virtual) isthmus' where there is also a tourist destination (Pangandaran Beach) as a cash cow. The tourist destinations are Situ Lengkong Panjalu, Kingdom of Sunda Astana Gede Kawali site and the most potential destination is Curug Tujuh, Cibolang, Panjalu. Curug Tujuh is located 2 kilometres from Cibolang main road. Curug Tujuh means "seven waterfalls", due to there being 7 waterfalls along a 5 kilometres track. The tallest waterfall is more than one hundred metres high.
Situ Lengkong Panjalu, 76.2 hectares has a small island in the centre of the lake called Nusa Gede where many East Javanese people come to visit King of Panjalu's son's cemetery.
In June 2011 the Tourism and Culture Ministry agreed to make the Pangandaran area into a National Tourism Site like Bali. It covers Karapyak Beach in Kalipucang District through Pangandaran Beach in Pangandaran district and to Batu Karas Beach in Cijulang District.
In 2010, Green Canyon was visited by 125,000 visitors and in 2011 by 150,000 visitors. On holiday there were more than 2,000 visitors per day made increase of boat waiting time due to narrow access to Green Canyon and the boat should wait for them who swam.
A number of artistic and tourist attractions attract visitors.
- Biro Pusat Statistik, Jakarta, 2011.
- "Ciamis Benahi Tempat Wisata Potensial". Poskotanews.com (in Indonesian). Poskota.co.id. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Situ Lengkong Panjalu Diserbu Wisatawan Lebaran" (in Indonesian). 4 September 2011.
Lengkong Panjalu overrun with Lebaran visitors
- NURHANDOKO (28 June 2011). "Pangandaran Diproyeksikan Jadi Andalan Wisata Nasional". Pikaran Rakyat Online (in Indonesian). Pikiran Rakyat. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
Pangandaran projected to be a National tourist location
- "Pantai Batu Karas dan Green Canyon Dipadati Pengunjung" (in Indonesian). January 1, 2012.
Rocky Karas Beach and Green Canyon filled with tourists
- "Best Places to Visit in Pangandaran Regency". June 24, 2018.
|This West Java location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|