Panglima Sugala, Tawi-Tawi
Map of Tawi-Tawi with Panglima Sugala highlighted
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|District||Lone district of Tawi-Tawi|
|• Mayor||Rejie Sahali Generale|
|• Total||416.66 km2 (160.87 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||110/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)68|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Electorate||17,747 voters as of 2016|
The municipality's barangay Batu-batu was once the provincial capital of Tawi-Tawi until it was transferred in the municipality of Bongao in 1979.
The municipality was renamed from Balimbing to Panglima Sugala as per Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 7, enacted on July 4, 1991, and approved by the Regional Governor on September 9, 1991.
Panglima Sugala is politically subdivided into 17 barangays.
- Balimbing Proper
- Batu-batu (Bato-Bato) (poblacion)
- Bauno Garing
- Belatan Halo
- Luuk Buntal
|Population census of Panglima Sugala|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 7, ARMM.gov.ph, retrieved 2012
- MMA Act No. 7 : An Act changing the name of the Municipality of Balimbing in the Province of Tawi-Tawi to Municipality of Panglima-Sugala
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Panglima Sugala, Tawi-Tawi.|
|Karakan Bay / Sapa-Sapa|
|This article about a location in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|