Panic of Girls Tour
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tour by Blondie|
|Associated album||Panic of Girls|
|Start date||July 7, 2011|
|End date||October 9, 2011|
|No. of shows||
18 in Europe|
24 in North America
|Blondie concert chronology|
Like the band's previous concert tour, the Endangered Species Tour 2010, this tour also promoted Panic of Girls.
The tour kicked on July 6 at the Optimus Alive! Festival in Portugal and visited Spain, the Netherlands, Ireland, the United Kingdom during the first leg and the United States and Canada during the second.
The average setlist does not represent all of the shows of the tour. "D-Day" and "Mother" also opened the show on several occasions. "Rapture" also closed the show a few times, and "Heart of Glass" closed the show during one concert without an encore. The festival sets were usually shorter than the average sets, missing out several songs. The band was performing songs from different periods of their career and some covers, but the main part of the show are songs from their new album. Songs featured in several shows of the tour but not in the average setlist include the following-
- Rip Her To Shreds (performed as song 5 or 6 when it was performed)
From Parallel Lines
- Please Please Me (The Beatles cover)
- New Rose (The Damned cover)
- See No Evil (Television cover)
- You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory (Johnny Thunders cover) (this was near the end of the show when it was performed)
- I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement (The Ramones cover) (this was performed near to the end of the main set when performed)
- Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top cover) (this was in the encore when it was performed)
|September 24, 2011||Clearwater||United States||Ruth Eckerd Hall|
|October 4, 2011||Phoenix||The Foundry|
- Debbie Harry - vocals
- Chris Stein - guitar
- Clem Burke - drums, percussion
- Leigh Foxx - bass
- Matt Katz-Bohen - keyboards
- Tommy Kessler - guitar
- "ENDANGERED SPECIES TOUR (UK/Ireland)". deborah-harry.com. June 13, 2010. Archived from the original on November 21, 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Blondie Announces North American Fall Tour". blondie.net. July 5, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Blondie Announce Release Date for New 'Panic of Girls' Album". ultimateclassicrock.com. September 1, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "First show from the summer tour schedule announced!". blondie.net. February 9, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Blondie to play Dublin and Kendal Calling". blondie.net. March 1, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Devon Antonetti (July 6, 2011). "Blondie announces Panic of Girls release date, fall tour". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Palm Desert show added to the tour schedule". blondie.net. September 19, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-21.