Paddu or Kuzhi paniyaram is an Indian dish made by steaming batter using a mould. The batter is made of black lentils and rice and is similar in composition to the batter used to make idli and dosa. The dish can be made sweet or spicy depending on the ingredients jaggery and chillies respectively. Paniyaram is made on a special pan that comes with multiple small fissures. It is known by various names in South India, including paddu, appe, guliappa, gulittu, gundponglu, ponganalu.
- Æbleskiver, a Danish sweet dish
- Poffertjes, a Dutch sweet dish
- Takoyaki, a Japanese dish
- Pinyaram, an Indonesian dish
- "Masala Paniyaram". vegrecipiesindia.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuzhi Paniyaram.|