This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
11 June 1962|
Ferozpur, Punjab, India
|Alma mater||Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University; Punjab University|
|Occupation||Policy Advocate & Publisher|
|Children||Puja, Divya, Sidhartha|
He is also the Chairman of the Special Task Force set up by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India to transform India’s mobile and electronics manufacturing eco-system in order to boost domestic manufacturing, contribute to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious ‘Make in India’ programme and to minimise India’s import dependency in this field.
Mr Mohindroo is also the founder and Honorary Secretary of Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC), a not- for-profit body set up jointly by the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI), Indian Cellular Association (ICA) and Telecom Centres of Excellence (TCOE) under the aegis of National Skill Development Council (NSDC) to up-skill, train and certify around 5 million people in 150 trades in the telecom industry over the next 10 years to ensure adequate availability of skilled manpower to boost growth and productivity in the Indian telecom sector. Earlier as Chairman of Manufacturing Advisory Committees (2006 & 2010), Mr Mohindroo was instrumental in establishing and setting up the roadmap for manufacturing of mobile and components industry in India. His policy recommendations and advisories have contributed immensely to making India as one of the biggest and most vibrant markets for mobile handsets in the world. Mr Mohindroo is also Chairman and publisher of ‘My Mobile’, India’s number one print and online magazine in the mobile sector.
Prior to founding ICA in 2002, Mr Mohindroo held senior positions with reputed corporate houses such as Tata Group, Oswal Group, Zee Group and Spring Convergence. Mr Mohindroo is an alumnus of Punjab University and also a business graduate from Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi.
He has been a consumer activist also. As secretary of Belaire Owners Association, Gurgaon and President of Federation of Apartment Owner Association, he was the moving force behind Competition Commission of India (CCI) judgement imposing a penalty of Rs. 630 crore for abuse of dominance on DLF. He tirelessly fought for a meaningful regulatory and legal dispensation in real estate culminating in the enactment of Real Estate Regulatory Act (RERA).
- "ICA". ica-ind.org. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Pankaj Mohindroo News Photos Videos - Rediff.com". rediff.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Exhibitions India Group | Organised by Exhibitions India Group - www.exhibitionsindiagroup.com. "Page not found". convergenceindia.org. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Government task force to nurture local mobile companies growth - timesofindia-economictimes". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Govt sets up joint task force to boost mobile manufacturing - The Financial Express". financialexpress.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Welcome to TSSC : Telecom Sector Skill Council". tsscindia.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Indian mobile phone market may pip Japan's by 2014 end: Report - timesofindia-economictimes". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 July 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2015.