|Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel|
|Born||1951 (age 66–67)|
|Net worth||US $ 4.9 billion (February 2018)|
In 2017, he became the president of FICCI He is the chairman of the board of governors of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Kolkata and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar; a member of the Board of Governors and also the chairman of the Finance Committee of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad; Chairman of IIM Udaipur; member Governing Board of The Ahmedabad University, Chairman of School of Life Sciences, Ahmedabad University; member of the Board of Management of the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies and executive chairman, vice president and trustee of the Gujarat Cancer Society and chairman of the Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute.
Patel was named the "Best Pharma Man of the year 2003" by the Foundation of Indian Industry and Economists in recognition of the growth of Cadila under his leadership. At that time, Patel predicted that Zydus Cadila would become the third-largest pharmaceutical company in India by 2005. However, the company's fortunes were reversed and Patel fell out of the list of richest Indians by 2005.
He is married to Priti Patel, a daughter of Dr B D Patel. They have two children. Their son Dr Sharvil Patel is deputy managing director of Cadila Healthcare Ltd, and is married to Meha. Their daughter Shivani is married to Pranav D Patel, son of Dushyant D Patel.
In August 2012, Patel, along with Dinesh Patel, the chairman of Sintex Industries, purchased a Challenger-604 jet.
- "Forbes World's Billionaires-Pankaj Patel". Forbes. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Forbes.com: India's Richest". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- "Top 10 Gujarati billionaires". India TV News. 2015-08-01.
- "Pankaj R. Patel M. Pharm". Businessweek. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Pankaj Patel takes over as FICCI president | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 19 December 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "The Hindu : Business / Briefly : Award for Zydus Cadila chief". www.hindu.com. 1 December 2004. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- Mathew, Vinod (3 February 2003). "The Hindu Business Line : `We aim at third position with Rs 1,400-cr turnover by 2005' — Mr Pankaj R. Patel, Chairman, Zydus Cadila". www.thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- "ZoomInfo Cached Page". cache.zoominfo.com. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- "Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel Biography- About family, children, education, wife, age, and more". business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Zydus Group boss Pankaj Patel 2nd A'bad businessman to buy a jet". DNA India. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|