Panmao Zhai is a Chinese climatologist, Secretary General of the Chinese Meteorological Society, and one of six co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working groups.
Early life and education
Career and impact
Zhai is a professor at the Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences. He was previously Director-General of Department of Forecasting and Networking in China Meteorological Administration and the Vice President of Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences. He is now the Secretary General of the Chinese Meteorological Society.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
Zhao was a contributing author to the IPCC fourth assessment, and Lead Author of working group I for the IPCC fifth assessment (2008-2015). He was elected as co-chair of the IPCC working group 1 for the sixth assessment.
- Zhai, P., Zhang, X., Wan, H., & Pan, X. (2005). Trends in total precipitation and frequency of daily precipitation extremes over China. Journal of climate, 18(7), 1096-1108.
- Zhai, P., Sun, A., Ren, F., Liu, X., Gao, B., & Zhang, Q. (1999). Changes of climate extremes in China. In Weather and Climate extremes (pp. 203–218). Springer, Dordrecht.
- "cv_panmao_zhai.pdf" (PDF). IPCC. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Fourth International on Climate Change: Speakers". ICCC2017. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Chinese Meteorological Society § - IFMS". Chinese Meteorological Society § - IFMS. Retrieved 13 December 2019.