|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KL|
Proposed New Mahe Municipality
The proposed New Mahe Municipality comprises:
- Azhiyur panchayat, Vatakara taluk, Kozhikode district, Kerala
- New Mahe panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Chokli panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Panniyannur panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
As of 2011[update] India census, Panniyannur had a population of 22,308. Males constitute 46% of the population and females 54%. Panniyannur has an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 85%. In Panniyannur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The place is situated 8 km far from the town of Tellichery or Thalassery. The same is surrounded by the places like Chokli, Mahe[UT]. Personalities like Moyarath Shankaran and M. V. Devan are from this village
The national highway passes through Thalassery town. Goa and Mumbai can be accessed on the northern side and Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram can be accessed on the southern side. The road to the east of Iritty connects to Mysore and Bangalore. The nearest railway station is Thalassery on Mangalore-Palakkad line. Trains are available to almost all parts of India subject to advance booking over the internet. There are airports at Mangalore and Calicut. Both of them are international airports but direct flights are available only to Middle Eastern countries.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Kannur district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|