|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pannu is the clan name of primarily Jat clan of Punjab region of India and Pakistan.In India Pannu Jat clan found primarily in Northern Parts. The main states are Delhi, Haryana (mainly Hissar, Sonipat, karnal) and Punjab (mainly Amritsar, Hoshiarpur) and in some districts of Uttarakhand & Rajasthan.
Some prominent Pannu gotra villages in Mathola, Naushehra Pannuan, Pidi, Chautala, Mari Pannuan, Akarpura, Bhojian, Lauhka and Sakira. Another major village of pannu clan is jaura (tarn taran) in Punjab. Village with largest population of pannu clan in Haryana is Thurana(Hisar).
A great number of Pannu were in Guru Hargobind Sahibs Army, Pannus and Riars were the only ones with him during the battle of Sri Hargobindpur. The Pannu of Naushehra Pannuan (Tarn Taran) belong to Baba Baghel Singh Dhaliwal's 'Karor Singhia Misl'.
A Common ancestry of the Pannu's is believed to be from Finland, owing to the 2005 consensus of Finnish names. There are many indigenous tribes, and Pannu is one believed to be originating from Finland.
Notable persons of the Pannu clan
- Baltej Pannu, Punjabi journalist
- Jatinder Pannu, Indian journalist and a social activist
- Kahan Singh Pannu, Indian Administrative Service officer
- Kulwant Singh Pannu, Indian army officer
- Raj Pannu (born 1934), Canadian educator and politician
- Satbir Pannu,(born 1995), Indian actor
- Shankar Pannu (born 1949), Indian politician
- Taapsee Pannu (born 1987), Indian actress