|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Religion||Sikhism , Hinduism|
Pannu is the clan name of primarily Jat clan of Punjab region of India and Pakistan.In India Pannu Jat clan found primarily in Northern Parts. The main states are Delhi, Haryana (mainly Hissar, Sonipat, karnal) and Punjab (mainly Amritsar, Hoshiarpur) and in some districts of Uttarakhand & Rajasthan.
Some prominent Pannu gotra villages in, Naushehra Pannuan, Pidi, Chautala, Mari Pannuan, Akerpura, Bhojian, Lauhka and Sakira. Another major village of pannu clan is jaura (tarn taran) in Punjab.
A great number of Pannu were in Guru Hargobind Sahibs Army, Pannus and Riars were the only ones with him during the battle of Sri Hargobindpur. The Pannu of Naushehra Pannuan (Tarn Taran) belong to Baba Baghel Singh Dhaliwal's 'Karor Singhia Misl'.
Notable persons of the Pannu clan
- Sartaj Singh Pannu (village Naushehra Pannuan), Actor/Director/Film Maker, Mumbai, India
- Lieutenant Cololonel Kulwant Singh Pannu(Indian army)(village jaura)
- Jathedar Teja Singh Akerpuri (Pannu) Jathedar AKAL Takht Sahib, President SGPC, President Akali DAL, Member Parliament From Gurdaspur.
- S. Balbir Singh Pannu Vice President SGPC (village- Naushehra Pannuan)
- Lt.Col Atma singh pannu.(village Akerpura) MBE mention in dispaches WW11
- Gurpreet Singh (village- Naushehra Pannuan), Commonwealth Games 2010 shooting champion, currently serving in the Indian Army.
- Karanbir Singh Pannu(village Naushehra Pannuan), Producer/Film Maker, Mumbai, India.
- Lieutenant Cololonel Kulwant Singh Pannu (Indian army) led the 2nd Paras in the Tangail Airdrop to capture the Poongli Bridge over the River Jamuna on 11 December 1971, during the Bangladesh Liberation War. The battalion was airdropped near Tangail (now in Bangladesh) and tasked to cut off the 93 Brigade of Pakistani Army which was retreating from the north to defend Dacca and its approaches. For his conspicuous gallantry and leadership, Lt. Col. Pannu was awarded the Maha Vir Chakra.
- Taapsee Pannu, Indian actress
- Gurpreet Pannu (survived three bullets in Jamshedpur,Jharkhand)