Panorama Hills, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Jyoti Gondek|
|Elevation||1,115 m (3,658 ft)|
|• Average Income||$90,859|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
|Website||Panorama Hills Community Association|
Panorama Hills is a suburban residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is a new community, located at the northern edge of the city, north of Country Hills boulevard.
The historical sites Reverend George McDougall Cairn and the John A. Lewis Rock Quarry are located within the neighbourhood, and it borders the Country Hills golf course to the southwest.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Panorama Hills had a population of 22,247 living in 7,398 dwellings, a 12.1% increase from its 2011 population of 19,851. With a land area of 6.3 km2 (2.4 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,531/km2 (9,150/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $89,044 in 2005, and there were 5.2% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2006, 41.7% of the residents were immigrants. Most buildings are single-family detached homes, and 2.3% of the housing was used for renting.
Students in the Catholic district attend St. Jerome Elementary School, St Elizabeth Seton and Notre Dame (10-12) High School. Students in the public district attend Panorama Hills Elementary School (K-5), Buffalo Rubbing Stone Elementary School (K-5), Dr. J. K. Mulloy Elementary School, Captain Nichola Goddard Middle School (6-9), Sir John A Macdonald Junior High School, and John G. Diefenbaker High School.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Panorama Hills Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 3 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-06-28. Retrieved 2007-05-08.