Register (right of center) and monument (right) at Panorama Point
|Elevation||5,429 ft (1,655 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||26 ft (7.9 m) |
|Listing||U.S. state high point 20th|
|Location||Kimball County, Nebraska, United States|
Panorama Point is the highest natural point in Nebraska, at an elevation of 5,429 feet (1,655 m) above sea level. It is located in southwestern Kimball County, near the point where Nebraska and Wyoming meet on Colorado's northern boundary. Despite its name and elevation, Panorama Point is not a mountain or a hill; it is merely a low rise on the High Plains. A stone marker, giving the elevation at 5,424 feet (1,653 m), and a guest register are located at the summit of the drive. From the point one can see the nearby state corner marker, and a vast plains landscape with the Rocky Mountains in the western distance. Panorama Point is located on the High Point Bison Ranch, which permits visitors to drive to the site as long as they take care to avoid the ranging bison and pay an entrance fee.
- "Panorama Point, Nebraska". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Panorama Point
- See photo of marker
- "Panorama Point". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Media related to Panorama Point at Wikimedia Commons
- "Panorama Point". Kimball Nebraska. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
|This Nebraska state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|