Panorama Village, Texas
Panorama Village, Texas
|• Type||Type A General Law Municipality|
|• Mayor||Lynn Scott|
|• Council Members||Royce Engler|
Ted Nichols (Mayor Pro-Tem)
|• Total||1.09 sq mi (2.83 km2)|
|• Land||1.08 sq mi (2.79 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||305 ft (93 m)|
|• Density||2,252.79/sq mi (869.82/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388607|
Panorama Village is located at (30.378484, –95.496284).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), of which, 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2) of it is land and 0.90% is water.
The Bamwood Development Company purchased the land which would become Panorama Village in 1964. The company constructed a golf course with residential subdivisions surrounding it. A civic association was formed in 1969, with residents purchasing the Panorama Golf Club. The city incorporated in 1972.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Black or African American (NH)||63||2.5%|
|Native American or Alaska Native (NH)||2||0.08%|
|Pacific Islander (NH)||1||0.04%|
|Some Other Race (NH)||20||0.8%|
|Hispanic or Latino||242||9.62%|
As of the 2020 United States census, there were 2,515 people, 1,123 households, and 791 families residing in the city.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 2,170 people, 1,001 households, and 691 families residing in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 96.4% White, 1.1% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.6% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.6% of the population.
There were 1,001 households, out of which 16.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.7% were married couples living together, 8.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.0% were non-families. 27.8% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.60.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 14.8% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 15.5% from 25 to 44, 33.3% from 45 to 64, and 31.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 55.6 years. For every 100 females, there were 84.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.4 males.
According to the 2015 American Community Survey, The median income for a household in the city was $61,250 and the median income for a family was $67,137. Males had a median income of $47,708 versus $26,935 for females. The per capita income for the city was $38,199. About 4.6% of families and 6.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.4% of those under age 18 and 3.8% of those age 65 or over.
Panorama Village is governed locally by a mayor and five member city council. The current mayor is Lynn Scott. Ted Nichols, a council member, also serves as mayor pro tempore. The other council members are Royce Engler, Clint Fowler, Joe Watson, and Doug McEntire.
In the Texas State Senate, Panorama Village is part of District 4, represented by Republican Brandon Creighton. In the Texas House of Representatives, Panorama Village is part of District 16, represented by Republican Will Metcalf.
In the United States Senate, Republicans John Cornyn and Ted Cruz represent the entire state of Texas. In the United States House of Representatives, Panorama Village is part of District 8, represented by Republican Kevin Brady.
Panorama Village is within the Willis Independent School District.
- Mayor and City Council City of Panorama Village. Retrieved March 31, 2020.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- Community Facts: Panorama Village city, Texas. Archived 2020-02-13 at archive.today United States Census Bureau. Accessed on July 4, 2017.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Golf Club City of Panorama Village. Accessed on July 4, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Jackson, Charles Christopher. Panorama Village, TX. Handbook Of Texas Online: June 15, 2010. Accessed on July 4, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Explore Census Data". data.census.gov. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- https://www.census.gov/[not specific enough to verify]
- "About the Hispanic Population and its Origin". www.census.gov. Retrieved 18 May 2022.
- Who Represents Me: Panorama Village. Texas Legislative Council. Accessed on July 5, 2017.
- Attendance Zones Willis Independent School District. Accessed on July 4, 2017.
- Texas Education Code, Sec. 130.191. LONE STAR COLLEGE SYSTEM DISTRICT SERVICE AREA..