|Born||1974 (age 46–47)|
Life and career
His first break in the film industry was being a second unit video assist operator for his father's film Tombstone.
He made his first feature film, Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010), by financing it through DVD residuals from Tombstone.
In 2017, Cosmatos directed the action horror film Mandy, which was produced by Legion M. The film starred Nicolas Cage and Andrea Riseborough. It premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival on January 19, and began a limited cinematic release and VOD play on September 14, 2018.
- Macaulay, Scott. "Panos Cosmatos, Beyond the Black Rainbow - Filmmaker Magazine".
- "Panos Cosmatos on the Origins of 'Mandy' & Why Nicolas Cage is a Magical Creature". 24 January 2018.
- Monk, ,Katherine. "For Vancouver filmmaker Panos Cosmatos, Beyond the Black Rainbow helped alleviate grief of losing parents".
- "Mandy - film review". DMovies. September 22, 2018. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- Miska, Brad (January 16, 2018). "The 'Mandy' Poster Promises a Nicolas Cage Chainsaw Battle!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 21, 2018.
- Robertson, Adi; Bishop, Bryan; Robinson, Tasha (January 30, 2018). "Our favorite feature films from Sundance 2018". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Pearson, Ben (August 17, 2018). "'Mandy' Advance Screenings Coming to 226 Theaters, Featuring Conversation with Nicolas Cage and Director Panos Cosmatos". /Film. Retrieved August 18, 2018.