|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1.015 ♂/♀|
As of 2011[update] India census, Panpoli had a population of 9313. Males constitute 4692 of the population and females 4621. Panpoli has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 57%. In Panpoli, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.According to 2011 Indian religious census Panpoli has 70% of Hindu Population followed by 29% of Muslims and 0.5% of Christians.
Panpoli has been entitled with 15 wards as a Town Panchayat.
Office bearers for the term (2017–2022)
- To be Decided (TBD)
Panpoli's economy is mainly agro-based. The Village acts as a focal point for food grains transported from the adjoining areas of the Tirunelveli district and Kerala mainly. Furthermore there are many males working overseas and sending back money to their families. Due to that the locals are doing better in many ways, with some of them building bigger houses and other buildings.
There has been ongoing public upgrades such as road works in the area over the past year.
Agriculture in Panpoli is the main source of livelihood for most of the people of Panpoli. Rice and Coconut Cultivation has been the major occupation of the local inhabitants. since the land is ideally suited for growing crops like Rice and coccunut.
Bus available for Chennai:
- Chennai ultra deluxe buses
184 UD, two buses are regularly operated from Sengottai, 184 UD, video coach
Trains available at Sengottai include(4 km From Panpoli):
- Sengottai – Madurai Passenger
- Sengottai – Chennai Egmore Pothigai Express
- Sengottai - Tirunelveli Passenger
- Punalur-Sengottai Passenger(Stoppted due Broadguage conversion)
These two depots operate buses from Sengottai to various cities of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Kerala. The main cities are Chennai, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai, Tiruchendur, Tuticorin, Srivilliputtur and Ramanathapuram in Tamil Nadu and Thiruvananthapuram UD, Pathanamthitta, Kottarakkara, Kottayam, Guruvayur, Punalur, and Quilon (Kollam) in Kerala and Pondicherry in Puducherry.
- EMR Govt.Hr Secondary School
- RKV Middle School(Panpoli)
- Rasheeth Primary Schoo Primary School
- st.Joseph Matric school
- Panchayat union primary school
- royal primary nursery school
Colleges near to Panpoli
- Sri Parasakthi College for Women(courtallam)
- JP engineering college(Ayikudi)
- Nallamani yadhav college of art and science(Kodikuruchi)
- Indian Overseas Bank (ATM Facility Available)
- Central Co-operative Bank
- Adavi nainar Dam(Mekarai) (7 km from Panpoli)
- Manalar and Kumbaratty Falls in Kerala (14 km from Panpoli)
- Courtallam waterfalls (9 km from Panpoli)
- Thenmalai dam (28 km from Panpoli)
- Paalaruvi Falls (19 km from Panpoli)
- Natural Rock formations all over the area.
- A famous Murugan temple called "Thirumalai Kovil" has 605 steps, and is situated at Panpoli
- Thirumalai Kovil
- Sheik Mohammad Jumma Masjid
- Darusalam Jumma Masjid
- Asan Hussain Tharha Pallivasal (waqt only)
Some images of Mekkarai [near Panpoli] and the landscape around Tenkasi can be viewed at https://www.flickr.com/photos/59865572@N00/sets/72157627474577956/
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tamil Nadu Election Commission Local body 2011