|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Official||English, Bengali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ghatal|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Panskura Paschim|
|Avg. summer temperature||38 °C (100 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||9 °C (48 °F)|
As per 2011 Census of India Panskura had a total population of 57,932 of which 29,740 (51%) were males and 28,192 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 6,943. The total number of literates in Panskura was 43,326 (84.97% of the population over 6 years).
The livelihood of the common people is dependent on Business/Job/Agriculture. Many varieties of flowers and green vegetable are grown and are supplied to Kolkata from here. Local vegetable wholesale market is the main trade of this town. This vegetable market is the 2nd largest market in West Bengal. The first governmental cold storage & market for flower is situated at Panskura.
A large portion of the local population are farmers. Vegetables produced by farmers come to the bazaara, a busy and large wholesale market. It is the supply line for the vegetables markets of Kolkata and its outskirts. The bazaar is also well connected by train and road (NH6) to Kolkata which is the nearest big city. Local trains of South Eastern Line are frequent. Kharagpur, Haldia and Digha train connection is also available here.
You can check more details on- Panskura culture unit In the interiors of West Bengal is yet another treasure- Midnapore town or Medinipur, as it is locally known. Midnapore combines the beauty of India's multi religion culture with the exuberance of ancient history. Panskura is one of the famous town of medinipore district and well known for its social activities . You will get end number of cultural schools which inspire children to extra curriculum activities.Panskura culture unit is one of them.Panskura culture unit provides various services for art & culture lovers. Panskura is also famous for ছন্দবাণী recitation school owned by reciter MOUMITA PANCHADHYAI.
- Chandabani Recitation Institute ( Offers bengali poetry recitation classes )
- Panskura Banamali College (both undergraduate and post graduate degree in arts and science) is the sole institution of higher education.
- Panskura Bradley Birt High School is the oldest (1864) and the reputed school of the area.
- Gopalpur is the second oldest (1910) school in this area.
- Panskura Gandhi Vidyapith
- Raghunathbari Ramtarak High School which is also the third oldest (1915)
- Panskura Girls' High School (1938)
- Vivekananda Mission High School (CBSE)
- Bakulda High School (1945)
- Vidyasagar Nursery School (1990)
- Mechogram Purnachandra Balika Vidyayatan (1972)
- Dhuliapur Pallishree Bani Mandir (1939)
- Shyamsundarpur Patna High School (1952)
- Pratappore High School (1962)
- Bhogpur K. M. High School
- Dhuliara Mahendra Institution
- Jamia Islamia Mazahirul Uloom Madrasha (1975)
- Gopalnagar B. L. Vidhyapith
- IDAN Teachers Training College
- Rashbehari College Of Education
- Panskura Primary Teachers' Training Institute
- Vivekjyoti College
- Sahid Khudiram College Of Education
There is a Government Super Speciality Hospital and a Private Super Speciality Hospital and some Private Nursing Homes in Panskura. People of this area mainly depend on that hospitals and nursing homes.
- Panskura Super Speciality Hospital ( Governmental )
- Baroma Sirona Hospital ( Super Speciality )
- Jivandeep Nursing Home
- IDAN Nursing Home
- Subhalaxmi Nursing Home
- Mother Teresa Nursing Home
- New Mother Teresa Nursing Home
- Life Care Nursing Home
- Vivekananda Nursing Home
- Astha Nursing Home
- Ashalata Nursing Home
Panskura is well connected by train and road (NH6) to Kolkata which is the nearest big city. Local trains of South Eastern Line are frequently available at Panskura railway station. Kharagpur, Haldia and Digha train connection are also available.
Kolkata is also well connected to Panskura by NH 16. Local buses, Trakers, Toto and private taxis also play a major role of transportation to more interior villages from there. SH 4 passes through Panskura.
Panskura is well connected to Ghatal by bus from Panskura bus stand and bus from Kolkata to Ghatal is also have to pass from panskura near machogram. Panskura is also connected to district town Tamluk by bus & train.
- Panskura railway station
- Panskura Banamali College
- Panskura I
- Panskura Bazar
- Panskura (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Panskura Paschim (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Panskura
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Panskura PS". Purba Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.