|Founders||Zack Rosen, David Strauss, Josh Koenig, Matt Cheney|
|Zack Rosen (CEO)|
David Strauss (CTO)
Number of employees
|100 (June 2016)|
Pantheon Systems, Inc. is a privately held San Francisco-based corporation founded in 2010 by Zack Rosen, David Strauss, Josh Koenig, Matt Cheney.
Founded in 2010, Pantheon Systems, Inc. raised a $1.3 million seed round to start. They subsequently raised $5 million Series A financing from Foundry Group, with previous investors being Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, Floodgate, and Founders Collective bringing the total amount to $6.3 million.
In 2014, Pantheon raised $21.5 million in Series B financing led by Scale Venture Partners (ScaleVP) with participation from OpenView Partners and existing investors Foundry Group and First Round Capital. As part of the funding round, Rory O'Driscoll, Partner at ScaleVP joined the board of directors.
In 2016, Pantheon announced that it has raised a $29 million Series C round. Investors in this round include previous investors Foundry Group, OpenView Investment Partners, and Scale Venture Partners, as well as new investor Industry Ventures, which put $8.5 million into this round. The new round follows Pantheon’s $21.5 million Series B round in 2014 and brings the company’s total funding to $57 million.
Pantheon is a combination of web development tools in the cloud and web hosting and management services. It is based in the cloud, and the service is free for developers. Developers have a choice between Drupal 7, Drupal 8, WordPress and installation of profiles like Open Atrium. Data can be imported onto Pantheon automatically if the business has an existing Drupal-based website. Pantheon Multidev does for a company's website what software-defined data centers do for its infrastructure. Each member of a team can use all the services that power a site on demand, developing on a single platform. As a result, large websites launch faster and cost less to manage over time.
Based on Pantheon's multi-tenant containerized architecture, Multidev spins up in minutes, with no need for additional infrastructure or virtual servers.
- "Company". pantheon.io. Archived from the original on 26 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-24.
- "Contact Us". pantheon.io. Archived from the original on 26 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-24.
- "Pantheon Goes Global with Full Access WebOps". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- Josh Koenig (23 Jan 2018). "Pantheon Moves to Google Cloud Platform". pantheon.io. Retrieved 3 Aug 2018.
- "Pantheon: Evolving operations for mission critical websites". cloud.google.com. Retrieved 3 Aug 2018.
- "Company Overview of Pantheon Systems, Inc". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Backed With $1.3 Million, Pantheon Launches Drupal-Based Web Development Platform". TechCrunch. 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Pantheon nabs $5M from Foundry, others for smarter Drupal site development". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Pantheon Raises $21.5 Million to Expand its Website Platform for Drupal and WordPress Professionals". BusinessWire. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Pantheon Raises $29M for its WordPress and Drupal hosting and management platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Pantheon Announces $40 Million in Growth Funding to Bring WebOps To Every Digital Marketing Team". Global News Wire. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "Pantheon Drupal Hosting Plans | Drupal ASU". Drupal.asu.edu. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Pantheon Brings Drupal to the Cloud on Rackspace – ReadWrite". Readwrite.com. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Pantheon Forks the Data Center". HostReview.com. 2013-07-11. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "IST Pantheon Drupal Cloud Service | UC Berkeley Content Management". Content.berkeley.edu. 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Pantheon Introduces Multidev - EContent Magazine". Econtentmag.com. 2013-07-12. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- Lee, Kendra (2013-05-22). "Pantheon's Drupal Open Source CMS Partner Program | Open Source Application Software Companies content from". The VAR Guy. Retrieved 2013-08-24.