|Genres||Extreme Metal, Black metal|
|Years active||2002 – present|
John Espen Sagstad
Tor Risdal Stavenes
Live Julianne Kostøl
Pantheon I is an extreme metal band from Oslo, Norway, and sharing some current and past members with 1349. They have the particularity to include a Cello artist in their line-up, and are often praised for being unafraid to experiment with their sound, while still keeping the musical ethos of black metal.
In December 2007 the band embarked on a tour in France as support of Mayhem.
In November 2010 it was announced that Aethyris McKay had departed from Absu and joined Pantheon I. McKay will be taking over guitar from Kvebek who will be focusing on vocals and McKay will also be singing clean vocals for the band.
- Andrè Kvebek - Vocals and Guitar (ex-1349)
- John Espen Sagstad - Guitar
- Aethyris McKay - Guitar
- Tor Risdal Stavenes - Bass (Seidemann in 1349)
- Mads Guldbekkhei - Drums
- Live Julianne Kostøl - Cello
- "Pantheon I (Andrè Kvebek)". blastbeat.nl. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
Some of the listeners were expecting some kind of extension of 1349, and i can understand it since there are two members that have been and still are in 1349(...)I felt that i had reached my peak with the type of black metal that 1349 plays on Hellfire. I am extremely proud of what I have been apart of, but as i said i had reached as far as i can go within that particular type of metal
- "Pantheon I - The Wanderer And His Shadow". livingformetal.com. 2007-07-15. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "The Wanderer and His Shadow (2007)". alibris.com. 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
When Norwegian guitarist Andrè Kvebek, a.k.a. Tjalve, left 1349 in 2006, it wasn't the end of his involvement with extreme metal. Kvebek had co-founded Pantheon I as a side project in 2002, and leaving 1349 gave him more time to concentrate on Pantheon I
- "1349, REBELLION Confirmed For Germany's SUMMER BREEZE Festival". Blabbermouth.net. 2009-12-17. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- . Blabbermouth.net. 2010-11-22 http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149725. Retrieved 2010-11-22. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pantheon I.|