Panther Creek Township, Cass County, Illinois
|Panther Creek Township|
Location in Cass County
Cass County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1923|
|• Total||35.57 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.49 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||8.2/sq mi (3.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62627, 62691|
|GNIS feature ID||0429525|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.57 square miles (92.1 km2), of which 35.49 square miles (91.9 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Chandlerville (southeast half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Allendale, Bell, Chandlerville City and Pontiac.
- Panther Creek Conservation Area (east quarter)
- Panther Creek State Wildlife Refuge
- A C Central Community Unit School District 262
- Virginia Community Unit School District 64
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Panther Creek Township, Cass County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Sangamon Valley Township||Newmansville Township|
|Virginia Township||Philadelphia Township||Ashland Township|