|Operator||Airports Authority of India, India Meteorological Department|
|Elevation AMSL||233 m / 764 ft|
Pantnagar Airport (IATA: PGH, ICAO: VIPT) is a domestic airport located in Pantnagar of Udham Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is operated by the Airports Authority of India. It is the nearest airport to the Kumaon division and is located in the middle of Haldwani and Rudrapur, the two largest cities of Kumaon. It is only (26 km) from Haldwani City. Kumaon hill stations of Nainital (65 km), Bhimtal (50 km), Ranikhet (110 km) and Almora (120 km), Bareilly (65 km) and the Jim Corbett National Park (120 km) are also nearby.
The Government of Uttarakhand had offered a subsidy to Jagson Airlines between 2005 and 2008, to undertake daily scheduled flights between Pantnagar and Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. The annual subsidy was not renewed in 2008 when the runway length was increased. The government then invited Deccan Aviation to fly on the Delhi – Pantnagar route. Kingfisher Airlines, which took over Deccan Aviation, undertook seasonal flights to Pantnagar as poor weather did not allow it to fly around the year. The airport had been without a commercial service ever since Kingfisher ceased operations. Pantnagar Airport now has daily Alliance Air flights to and from IGI, Delhi (since 1 October 2014), and an Air Heritage flight for Pithoragarh.
In August 2015, the Airport Advisory Committee said that the airport will be developed in cargo hub and the length of the runway would be increased from its present length of 1,372m to 1,865m.
The airport has had a facility of meteorological services by the India Meteorological Department since its inception.
Airlines and destinations
|IndiGo||Dehradun, Delhi, Lucknow|||
- http://www.world-airport-codes.com/india/pantnagar-5646.html World Airport Codes
- "A gem in perfect setting". The Tribune. 11 May 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Places of Tourist Interest". Archived from the original on 16 July 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Fly to Pantnagar, Uttarakhand asks Deccan". Business Standard. 26 March 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "In its bid to connect the state through aviation, Uttarakhand government today signed an agreement with private carrier Jagson Airlines to launch a direct flight between Delhi and Pantnagar". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, Financial Times. 28 October 2005. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Kingfisher looks to shut some stations, reduce workforce". Hindustan Times. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Government fails to resume regular flights to Pantnagar airport". The Pioneer. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Pantnagar Airport to see regular flights again". The Pioneer. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Pantnagar airport to be developed as cargo hub
- "IndiGo strengthens domestic network with the launch of Pantnagar as 72nd destination in 6E network" (PDF). IndiGo. Retrieved 23 February 2022.
- Alliance Air to start flights on Pantnagar-Dehradun route from Jan 4 - The Economic Times
- "Comprehensive list of Awarded RCS Routes state wise" (PDF). Airport Authority of India. Retrieved 5 March 2019.