|Operator||Airports Authority of India, India Meteorological Department|
|Elevation AMSL||233 m / 764 ft|
Pantnagar Airport (IATA: PGH, ICAO: VIPT) is a domestic airport located in Pantnagar of Udham Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is operated by the Airports Authority of India. It is the nearest airport to the Kumaon division and located in the middle of Haldwani and Rudrapur, the two largest cities of Kumaon. It is only (26 km) from Haldwani City. Kumaon hill stations of Nainital (65 km), Bhimtal (50 km), Ranikhet (110 km) and Almora (120 km), Bareilly (65 km) and the Jim Corbett National Park (120 km).
The Government of Uttarakhand had offered a subsidy to Jagson Airlines between 2005 and 2008, to undertake daily scheduled flights between Pantnagar and Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. The annual subsidy was not renewed in 2008 when the runway length was increased. The government then invited Deccan Aviation to fly on the Delhi – Pantnagar route. Kingfisher Airlines, which took over Deccan Aviation, undertook seasonal flights to Pantnagar as poor weather did not allow it to fly around the year. The airport had been without a commercial service ever since Kingfisher ceased operations. Pantnagar Airport, now, has daily Alliance Air flights to and from IGI, Delhi (since 1 Oct 2014). and Air heritage flight for Pithoragarh.
In August 2015, Airport Advisory Committee said that the Airport will be developed in cargo hub and the length of the runway will be increased from its present length of 1,372m to 1,865m.
The Airport has facility of Meteorological services by the India Meteorological Department since its inception.
Proposed International Airport
The international airport will be constructed in around 1100 acres of land. The airport is proposed to be expanded in two phases. The Pantnagar University land was selected for the construction of the new Greenfield Airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Alliance Air||Dehradun, Delhi|| |
- http://www.world-airport-codes.com/india/pantnagar-5646.html World Airport Codes
- "A gem in perfect setting". The Tribune. 11 May 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Places of Tourist Interest". Archived from the original on 16 July 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Fly to Pantnagar, Uttarakhand asks Deccan". Business Standard. 26 March 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "In its bid to connect the state through aviation, Uttarakhand government today signed an agreement with private carrier Jagson Airlines to launch a direct flight between Delhi and Pantnagar". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, Financial Times. 28 October 2005. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Kingfisher looks to shut some stations, reduce workforce". Hindustan Times. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Government fails to resume regular flights to Pantnagar airport". The Pioneer. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Pantnagar Airport to see regular flights again". The Pioneer. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Pantnagar airport to be developed as cargo hub
- "Uttarakhand's first international airport to come up at Pantnagar". Hotelier India. 31 July 2020. Retrieved 27 August 2020.
- "flight schedule of Air Decca". Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- Alliance Air to start flights on Pantnagar-Dehradun route from Jan 4 - The Economic Times
- "Comprehensive list of Awarded RCS Routes state wise" (PDF). Airport Authority of India. Retrieved 5 March 2019.