Pantsdrunk (stylized as Päntsdrunk; Finnish: kalsarikännit, ˈkɑls̠ɑriˌkænːit (help·info)) is a form of drinking culture, originating in Finland, in which the drinker consumes alcoholic drinks at home, dressed in as little clothing as possible, mainly in underwear with no intention of going out. To a large extent, it is still considered a way of life in Finland, possibly related to the stereotyped lack of social contacts among Finns. The forced isolation of people in their own homes caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic created a global trend for this drinking habit.
Books guiding to the right method and philosophy about "pantsdrunking" have also been written, the most notable being Päntsdrunk (Kalsarikänni): The Finnish Path to Relaxation (Drinking at Home, Alone, in Your Underwear) written by Miska Rantanen in 2018.
- "Kalsarikännit: Drinking at home in your undies, like Finns". The World from PRX.
- "It's Time To Embrace the Finnish Tradition of Drinking in Your Underwear". Matador Network.
- Brech, Anna (December 24, 2020). "The Finnish word for being drunk in underwear is perfect for now". Stylist.
- "What may happen after the coronavirus in Finland? – Reachinghot". reachinghot.com.
- Fitzmaurice, Rosie. "This new Scandi lifestyle trend involves drinking wine alone in your underwear and bingeing on Netflix — and its name is pretty fitting". Business Insider.
- "'Pantsdrunk' and the Finnish art of relaxing".
- Nagesh, Ashitha (June 6, 2018). "Forget hygge, let's all get päntsdrunk". BBC Three.
- Levine, Nick. "Is "Päntsdrunk" The New, Easier & Less Smug Hygge?". www.refinery29.com.
- "Pantsdrunk, the Finnish Art of Relaxation". kottke.org.
- Rantanen, Miska (2018). Pantsdrunk: The Finnish Path to Relaxation (Drinking at Home, Alone, in Your Underwear). Harper Collins. ISBN 978-0062855893.
- How the Finnish lifestyle of getting drunk while wearing pants became the new hygge
- Kalsarikanni, or Getting Drunk in Your Underwear, Is Finland's Version of Hygge|Mental Floss
- Susan Swarbrick: Bye hygge, so long coorie – let's get pantsdrunk