|Municipality of Panukulan|
Map of Quezon with Panukulan highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||June 21, 1959 |
|Barangays||13 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Amado P. Peñamora|
|• Electorate||7,901 voters (2016)|
|• Total||226.61 km2 (87.49 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||60/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)42|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||71,091,337.35 (2016)|
Panukulan, officially the Municipality of Panukulan, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Panukulan), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 13,546 people.
The establishment of the municipality of Panukulan begun with the separation of Barangays Panukulan, Calasumanga, Libo and Lipata from its former unit the municipality of Polilio, for incorporation into the new municipality of Panukulan by virtue of the passage of Republic Act No. 2452 on June 21, 1959.
The Municipality is located at the northern tip of Polillo Island which is 26 nautical miles from Infanta Quezon. It is geographically situated at 121 48.50 longitude and 14 56 latitude. It is bounded in the North by the Philippine Sea (Pacific Ocean), on the East by the Municipality of Burdeos, Quezon, on the South by Polillo, Quezon, and on the west by Polillo Strait. Infanta, Quezon is its nearest commercial center. Its travel time by motor boat going to Infanta and vice- versa is about 1.5 hours to 2 hours, depending on the weather condition. Only single regular trip is available, which leave Municipal Port at 7:30 AM and return from Infanta at 2:00 PM. All its barangay are accessible through banca or motorboat. Only Barangay Balungay up to the boundary of Barangay Pag-itan can be reached through land transportation. However, there are also Tricycle Operator at Barangay Libo to Kinalagti, Barangay Libo to Pandan and Barangay Calasumanga is now also connected with the municipality of Polillo through Tricycle.
Panukulan is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- San Juan (Poblacion)
|Population census of Panukulan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Elected Officials of Panukulan:
|Mayor||Amado P. Peñamora|
|Vice Mayor||Alfred Rigor S. Mitra|
|Janice U. Peñamante|
|Rebecca T. Salgo|
|Arlene M. Postor|
|Emman Q. Peñamante|
|Joe Abel L. Erracho|
|Noeme V. Peñamante|
|Aida G. Daet|
|Leonilo P. Nolledo|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Quezon". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Panukulan". DILG.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Quezon". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Elected Officials of Panukulan". DILG.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Calabarzon region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|