Paola Ramos (journalist)
|Years active||2016 – present|
Political Affiliation: Democratic Socialist Paola Ramos is an American journalist. Ramos is a correspondent for Vice and is a contributor to Telemundo and MSNBC. Ramos' work focuses primarily around Latinx issues. Ramos has been featured, and has served as a subject matter expert, in Latina, Popsugar, Bustle, Vice, Los Angeles Blade, South Kern Sol, HIV Plus Magazine, and on KCRW.
Early life and education
Paola Ramos was born in Miami, Florida in the United States. She grew up in Spain. Her mother is Cuban and her father is Mexican-American journalist Jorge Ramos. Ramos attended Barnard College and earned her master's degree from Harvard University.
Ramos served in the Obama administration, including working for both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, and served as Deputy Director of Hispanic Media for the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign. In 2019, Ramos became a correspondent for Vice's documentary series, Vice, and Vice News Tonight. She is the prior host to Vice's docuseries Latin-X. For her work at Vice, she was nominated for a GLAAD Media Award for her piece "The Latinx Drag Queens Spearheading HIV Activism on the Border". That same year, Ramos keynoted George Washington University's LatinX Heritage Celebration. She currently serves as an on-air contributor to Telemundo and MSNBC and also serves as speaker for Lesbians Who Tech + Allies.
- Lavariega Monforti, Jessica L. Latinos in the American Political System: An Encyclopedia of Latinos as Voters, Candidates, and Office Holders. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO (2019). pp. 424 ISBN 1440853479
- Calle, Jennifer. "Woman Crush(ing the Patriarchy) Wednesday: Paola Ramos". LATINA. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- Foresto, Alessandra (November 8, 2016). "Paola Ramos, Deputy Director of Hispanic Media, 20s". POPSUGAR Latina. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- Gladu, Alex. "Who Is Jorge Ramos' Daughter, Paola?". Bustle. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- "Behind The Scenes of 'LATIN-X' with Paola Ramos". Vice. March 11, 2019. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Ocamb, Karen (June 28, 2018). "HIV/AIDS: The other U.S.-Mexican border crisis". Los Angeles Blade: LGBT News, Rights, Politics, Entertainment. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Lozoya, Bryana. "Community members encouraged to become more involved at Voto Latino event". Kern Sol News. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Abadsidis, Savas (June 28, 2018). "WATCH: The HIV Crisis on the Texas-Mexico Border". HIV Plus Magazine. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Brand, Madeleine. "How Fresno's meth epidemic is affecting the city's Latinos | Press Play". KCRW. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Hayes, Dade (December 3, 2019). "Vice News Adds Paola Ramos As Correspondent in First Major Jesse Angelo Hire". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- Miller, Lindsay (July 12, 2018). "Paola Ramos's New Vice Series Asks: What Does It Mean to Be Latinx?". POPSUGAR News. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- "GLAAD Media Awards Nominees #glaadawards". GLAAD. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- Wilson, B.L. "Host of VICE's 'LatinX' Advocates for Inclusion". GW Today. Retrieved January 3, 2020.