SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station
|Location||13 East Lancaster Avenue
Paoli, PA 19301
|Operated by||Amtrak & SEPTA|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
206 to Great Valley
|Parking||486 spaces (177 daily, 309 permit)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (8 spaces)|
|Station code||Amtrak code: PAO|
|Fare zone||4 (SEPTA)|
|Electrified||September 11, 1915|
|Passengers (2015)||176,474 3.4% (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2012)||1,240 (weekday boardings) (SEPTA)|
Paoli is a passenger rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at 13 Lancaster Avenue (US 30), Paoli, Pennsylvania. It is served by Amtrak's Keystone Service and Pennsylvanian trains, and most SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line trains. The station has ticket offices, a waiting room and a coffee shop. The one-story tan brick building was constructed by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1953 at a cost of $140,000; it replaced an earlier Victorian depot built in 1893.
Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center Project
The Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) Project involves the relocation and expansion of the Paoli station to a new site near the existing facility. Improvements associated with the new intermodal transportation center will include a bridge over the rail tracks (Darby Road which will replace Valley Road), renovation or replacement of the existing station building, new passenger waiting and ticketing facilities, passenger amenities, bus, shuttle, passenger parking facilities, and potential new retail and commercial business development.
Other future plans
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 21, 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Tatnall, Frank (Fall 2015). "A Century of Catenary". Classic Trains. 16 (3): 26.
- "Amtrak State Fact Sheet, FY2015, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Paoli Station (Google Maps)
- "Paoli Station". Amtrak's Great American Stations. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "About The Project". Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center. SEPTA. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
- "Fact Sheet -- Paoli Station Accessibility Improvement Project" (PDF). Plan the Keystone. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
Media related to Paoli station at Wikimedia Commons