Paoli (SEPTA station)
SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station
|Location||13 East Lancaster Avenue
Paoli, PA 19301
|Operated by||Amtrak & SEPTA|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||SEPTA Suburban Bus: 92, 105, 204, 205, 206|
|Parking||486 spaces (177 daily, 309 permit)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (8 spaces)|
|Station code||Amtrak code: PAO|
|Fare zone||4 (SEPTA)|
|Passengers (2014)||170,669 2.6% (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2012)||1,240 (weekday boardings) (SEPTA)|
Paoli Station is a passenger rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at 13 Lancaster Avenue (US 30), Paoli, Pennsylvania. It is served by Amtrak's Keystone Service and Pennsylvanian trains, and most SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line trains. The station has ticket offices, a waiting room and a coffee shop. The one-story tan brick building was constructed by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1953 at a cost of $140,000; it replaced an earlier Victorian depot built in 1893.
Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center Project
The Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) Project involves the proposed relocation and expansion of the Paoli station to a new site near the existing facility. Improvements associated with the new intermodal transportation center will include a bridge over the rail tracks (Darby Road which will replace Valley Road), renovation or replacement of the existing station building, new passenger waiting and ticketing facilities, passenger amenities, bus, shuttle, passenger parking facilities, and potential new retail and commercial business development.
Other future plans
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2014, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Paoli Station (Google Maps)
- "Paoli Station". Amtrak's Great American Stations. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "About The Project". Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center. SEPTA. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
- "Fact Sheet -- Paoli Station Accessibility Improvement Project" (PDF). Plan the Keystone. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
Media related to Paoli (SEPTA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Paoli, PA
- SEPTA - Paoli Station
- Paoli Intermodal Transportation Center - project site
- Paoli, PA (PAO) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Paoli Amtrak-SEPTA Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- Station from Valley Road from Google Maps Street View