January 10, 1987 |
Panama City, Panama
|May 19, 2017, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through 2017 season)
|Earned run average||6.00|
Paolo Alesandro Espino (born January 10, 1987), is a Panamanian professional baseball pitcher in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Rangers and Milwaukee Brewers.
Espino attended The Pendleton School in Bradenton, Florida. The Cleveland Indians selected him in the 10th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft. He spent seven seasons with the Indians organization and three seasons with the Washington Nationals organization.
On November 15, 2016, Espino signed a minor league contract with the Milwaukee Brewers. Espino made his major league debut for the Brewers on May 19, 2017. He was designted for assignment on August 23, 2017, to make room on the 40-man roster for Aaron Brooks, who was claimed off waivers by the Brewers. .
He was traded to the Rangers on August 26, 2017 for cash considerations and was assigned to the Triple-A Round Rock Express. He elected free agency on November 6, 2017, and signed a minor league contract with the Rangers on December 22. He was released on April 19, 2018.
Second Stint with Brewers
On April 27, 2018, Espino signed a minor league deal with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Eddy, Matt (November 21, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Nov 12-18". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Adams, Steve (December 22, 2017). "Rangers Sign Tolleson, Espino, Eibner To Minor League Deals". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- Lisa Winston (2009-02-04). "Baseball is in Espino cousins' blood". MLB.com. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Paolo Espino on Twitter
- Paolo Espino on Instagram
|This biographical article relating to a Panamanian baseball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|