Paolo Montalban (born May 21, 1973) is a Filipino-American actor and singer best known for his performance in the 1997 Disney television film, Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella as Prince Christopher, opposite Brandy as Cinderella. He reprised that role in a stage version of the musical (see Cinderella) with Deborah Gibson and then Jamie-Lynn Sigler.
Montalban was born in Manila, Philippines to Paul and Vivian Montalban. He is a younger brother of Gloria Montalban-Hamm, and is not related to Ricardo Montalbán. His family emigrated to the United States when he was one year old and lived in a studio apartment in Manhattan's West Side across the street from The Juilliard School and Lincoln Center. He is a notable alumnus of St. Peter's Preparatory School and holds a degree in pre-med Psychology from Rutgers University.
In 1997, Montalban starred in Cinderella as Prince Christopher alongside Whitney Houston, Whoopi Goldberg and Brandy. He also notably played Kung Lao in the syndicated series Mortal Kombat: Konquest along with Daniel Bernhardt and Kristanna Loken.
Montalban was also cast in John Dahl's The Great Raid as Sgt. Valera, and the indie flick American Adobo, as Raul. He had smaller roles in Just Wright starring Queen Latifah, The Adjustment Bureau and the short film Two Weeks.
Montalban was named one of People Magazine`s 50 Most Beautiful People of 1998.
He has appeared on Broadway in Pacific Overtures, The King and I and Breakfast at Tiffany's, starring Emilia Clarke. Off-Broadway he was in Two Gentlemen of Verona at Shakespeare in the Park, The Romance of Magno Rubio at Ma Yi Theater Company, among others. He also guest starred in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (Season 8, Episode 20: "Annihilated") and One Life to Live.
He holds the distinction of doing many productions of The King and I on Broadway and around the country where he has played both Lun Tha, the young lover and the title role of the King.
|1||"Closer Upon the Hour"|
|2||"Kung Di Tayo, Paano Na"|
|5||"Next to Me"|
|6||"Kung Alam Mo Lang"|
|8||"Your One and Only Man"|
|9||"Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful / I Have Dreamed"|
|11||"Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me / Only You"|
- "Paolo Montalban: Actor". People.com. May 11, 1998. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "U.S. BENEFITS URGED FOR FILIPINO VETS... A FRENCHMAN ANSWERS FOR WW2 CRIMES... DEBATE CONTINUES ON QUEBEC INDEPENDENCE...", New York Daily News, October 5, 1997. Accessed June 8, 2008. "Filipino-American Paolo Montalban of New Jersey will play the prince in a new television production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. The musical airs Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. on ABC. Montalban has been interested in musical theater since his high school days at St. Peter's Prep in Jersey City, where he starred in Oliver."
- "Paolo Montalban". The Internet Movie Database. IMDb.
- "Paolo Mantalban". The Kennedy Center. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Paolo Montalban Theatre Credits". Broadway World.
- "Paolo Montalban - Paolo Montalban". Titik Pilipino. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- Official website
- Paolo Montalbán at the Internet Movie Database
- Paolo Montalbán at the Internet Broadway Database
- American Adobo official website