14 October 1952 |
|Residence||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Alma mater||University of Milan
Harvard Business School
|Net worth||US$4.2 billion (jointly with brother, May 2017)|
|Relatives||Agostino Rocca (grandfather)
Gianfelice Rocca (brother)
Agostino Rocca (brother)
Paolo Rocca (born 1952) is an Argentine-Italian businessman, CEO of the Techint Group, which holds Tenaris, Ternium and other companies that operate in the engineering, construction and energy sectors. He is also Chairman and CEO of Tenaris, and Chairman of Ternium.
Paolo Rocca was born in Milan, Italy in 1952. He is the son of Roberto Rocca, who was Honorary Chairman of Techint, and grandson of Agostino Rocca, founder of this industrial group. Paolo Rocca earned a degree in Political Science from the Università degli Studi di Milano. In 1985 he pursued an MBA in Harvard Business School.
After having served as assistant to the Executive Director of the World Bank, in 1985 Paolo Rocca began his career at Techint Group as assistant to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. In 1990 he assumed as Executive Vice-president of Siderca.
Since 2002, he is the CEO of Tenaris and Techint. In addition, he is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tamsa and of the Board of Directors of Ternium, and Director of the Techint Financial Corporation. Rocca led Techint in a series of acquisitions in Latin America and the world, which led to the development of operations in more than 20 countries.
Boards and awards
Paolo Rocca is a member of the Executive Committee of the World Steel Association and was the chairman of this association during the 2009-2010 period. He was a member of the International Advisory Committee of New York Stock Exchange, and of the Advisory Board of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) private sector. In 2004 within the "Argentina-México: Visión y Perspectivas” forum, he was awarded with the Orden Mexicana del Aguila Azteca. In 2008 he was recognized by Fundación Konex with the “2008 Platinum Konex Prize: Industry businessmen”; and in 2011 he was chosen “Steelmaker of the Year” by the Association of Iron and Steel Technology (AIST). In 2013 the Columbia Business School honored Paolo Rocca with the "Deming Cup" in recognition to the impact of his leadership on Tenaris's competitiveness.
- "Paolo & Gianfelice Mario Rocca". Forbes. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Paolo Rocca Chairman/CEO, Tenaris SA". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Roberto Rocca died , son of the founder of the Techint Group". La Nación. June 10, 2003.
- "Paolo Rocca" (PDF). Universidad de Buenos Aires. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "TERNIUM S.A. ADS Paolo Rocca". The Wall Street Journal. March 21, 2015.
- "Executive Profile Paolo Rocca". Bloomberg Business. March 20, 2015.
- "Paolo Rocca Net Worth". CNNMoney. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Emily Janney (February 2, 2012). "Seamless Expansion" (PDF). NYSE Magazine.
- "Officers, executive and board". World Steel Association. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "People:Tenaris SA (TS) Rocca, Paolo". Reuters. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Editorial (December 12, 2012). "The Professional Council of Public Relations presented the 2012 Annual Awards". Notitrans.
- Georgina Saldierna (April 16, 2004). "Argentine Monsivais receives award". La Jornada.
- "Paolo Rocca". Fundación Konex. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Steel is a key component of future development". Ternium. May 5, 2011.
- "Deming Cup awarded to Tenaris chairman and CEO, Paolo Rocca". Tenaris. October 30, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paolo Rocca.|