A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paolo Tasca, FinTech Economist
October 13, 1976|
Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, Italy
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Alma mater||University of Padua, Ca’ Foscari Univ. of Venice, ETH Zürich|
|Occupation||Executive Director at UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies|
|Known for||Blockchain, public speaker, digital currencies|
Paolo Tasca (born 1976) is an Italian economist, researcher, public speaker, author and advisor. He is a Founding Director of the Centre for Blockchain Technologies at the University College London. He previously conducted early research on digital currencies at the Deutsche Bundesbank. He is an advisor on Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and P2P financial systems for various international organizations including the European Parliament. Tasca is a co-author of The FINTECH Book and co-editor of the book Banking Beyond Banks and Money.
Tasca graduated in Politics and Economics (summa cum laude) from the University of Padua. He subsequently obtained a M.Sc in Economics and Finance from the Ca' Foscari University of Venice before doing a PhD in Business between Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and ETH Zurich.
After his post-doc research on systemic risk at ETH Zurich, Tasca joined the Systemic Risk Centre at the London School of Economics. In 2014, he moved to Germany, where he pioneered a new research area on P2P lending and digital currencies at Deutsche Bundesbank. While working at the Deutsche Bundesbank, he initiated the international workshop series P2P Financial Systems, which is featuring its third edition in 2017. In 2016, he joined the University College London to build the Research Centre for Blockchain Technologies, an interdepartmental industry-oriented research center. Paolo Tasca presented his research at numerous conferences all over the world. Tasca is one of the co-founders of Quant Network and one of the minds behind Overledger.
- "People UCL CBT".
- "How does P2P lending fit into the consumer credit market?" (PDF). Deutsche Bundesbank: Discussion Paper. 30/2016: 24. 2016.
- Tasca, Paolo (2011). "Diversification, Leverage and Systemic Risk". Dottorato di ricerca in Economia Aziendale Scuola Superiore di Economia: 89.
- emresar. "Models of systemic risk - ETH - Chair of Systems Design - Welcome". www.sg.ethz.ch. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "P2P FINANCIAL SYSTEMS".
- "Paolo Tasca - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Author Page for Paolo Tasca :: SSRN". papers.ssrn.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "arXiv.org Search". arxiv.org. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Conferences - Paolo Tasca".
- "Overledger Whitepaper" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-01-31.