Papa Loves Mambo
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Papa Loves Mambo"|
|Single by Perry Como|
|B-side||"The Things I Didn't Do"|
|Recorded||August 31, 1954|
The best-known version was recorded by Perry Como with Mitchell Ayres's orchestra in New York City on August 31, 1954. The song was released by RCA Victor Records as catalog number 20-5857 (i USA) and by EMI on the His Master's Voice label as catalog number B 10776. The US release peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard chart in that same year. The song was subsequently covered by Dean Martin and Nat King Cole
In the media
- Played in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II when Biff is driving in his car to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance
- Played in an episode of Malcolm in the Middle
- Recorded on children's entertainers, Sharon, Lois & Bram 1998 album Friends Forever.
- Played in an episode of Skinnamarink TV.
- Played in an episode of Chuck ("Chuck Versus the Ex")
- Played in the 1996 film The Pallbearer
- Played in the 2000 film Two Family House
- Played in the 2001 film Ocean's Eleven
- Played in the 2003 film Bad Santa
- Played in the 2004 film Going the Distance (2004 film)
- Played in the 2004 Nike football ad: Portugal vs. Brazil
- Played in an episode of Lost
- Played in the 2006 film Stick It when the judge does the gymnast's routine
- Played in the 2007 video game BioShock, both as background music and played when the player interacts with jukeboxes
- Played in the TVB series Steps
- Played in the 2005 TBS, Come Away Home
- Played in the 2006 film Boynton Beach Club
- Played in the 2008 rhythm video game "Samba de Amigo"
- Played in the 2009 film Everybody's Fine
- Played in the closing credits for the 2013 film Red 2
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||1|
- RCA Victor Records in the 20-5550 to 20-9999 series
- "Ultratop.be – Perry Como – Papa Loves Mambo" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|