Papanui High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Papanui High School|
|30 Langdons Road|
|School type||State co-educational secondary (Year 9-13)|
|Motto||In Opere Felicitas|
"Be happy in your work"
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||316|
|Principal||Jeff Smith |
|Average class size||28.5|
|Houses||Ngaru Nui, Ahi Ka, Ruu Whenua, Taa Hiko|
|School colour(s)|| Navy blue|
|Rival||Burnside High School|
|School roll||1567 (August 2018)|
Papanui High School, or P.H.S, is a public five-year secondary school located in Papanui, a northwest suburb of Christchurch, Canterbury in New Zealand.The school was founded as Papanui Technical College in 1936 and was officially renamed Papanui High School in 1949.
In 2011 a brand new gymnasium and pool complex was introduced to the school's campus. It was opened in association with Christchurch City Council and was named in honour of Paralympian Graham Condon, who died in a tragic accident involving a car while riding his hand-propelled bicycle. The Graham Condon Recreation and Sports Centre has become a very important part of the school community.
The school is the fourth largest in the city with a roll of 1567 students. Located between the second largest mall in the city 'Northlands Mall' and Firestone, the school plays a large part in the wider community.
The current principal is Jeff Smith. In 2006 66% of Year 11 students gained NCEA Level 1.That figure lowered to 62% 2012, but increased to 82% in 2015. NCEA performance in Level 2 also reached the national average. B
- Shane Bond – cricketer
- Lewis Brown – rugby league player
- Andy Caddick – cricketer
- Michael Hurst – actor, director and writer
- George Naoupu – rugby union player
- Melodie Robinson – rugby union player
- (PDF). 18 May 2018 https://papanui.ibcdn.nz/media/2018_05_18_community-papanews-18-2018.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Suzanne Borgfeldt (25 June 2001). "[NZ] TECHNICAL COLLEGE-CHRISTCHURCH".
- NQF School Profile Papanui High School [NZQA ]