Papanui High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Papanui High School|
|30 Langdons Road,
|Type||State co-educational secondary (Year 9-13)|
|Motto||In Opere Felicitas
"Be happy in your work"
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||316|
|School roll||1580 (July 2016)|
With a roll of 1580 students, it is one of the five largest secondary schools in Christchurch.
Papanui High School is a coeducational secondary school. It is located between Northlands Mall and Firestone former tyre factory, opposite the Christchurch Sanitarium Health Food Company factory. The school was founded as Papanui Technical College in 1936 and was officially renamed Papanui High School in 1949.
The current principal is Jeff Smith. In 2006 66% of Year 11 students gained NCEA Level 1. That figure rose to 70% in 2007 and 75% in 2008. NCEA performance in Level 2 also reached the national average.
- Shane Bond – cricketer
- Lewis Brown – rugby league player
- Andy Caddick – cricketer
- George Naoupu – rugby union player
- Melodie Robinson – rugby union player
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Suzanne Borgfeldt (25 June 2001). "[NZ] TECHNICAL COLLEGE-CHRISTCHURCH"".
- NQF School Profile Papanui High School [NZQA ]