Papatoetoe High School
|Papatoetoe High School|
Digne Lampada Tradas
("worthy to carry the torch")
|Nicholson Avenue, Papatoetoe, Auckland|
|Type||State co-ed secondary (Year 9–13)|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||95|
|School roll||1537 (July 2015)|
PHS has a disability unit called The Richard's Centre, named after a previous principal. The Richard's Centre supports people with many different types of disabilities. The Richard's Centre has a Physio Therapist, Occupational Therapist and a Speech Therapist on site at all times during school hours.
The school is home to the first and largest Key Club in the New Zealand/South Pacific District. Key Club celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2007 and as of 2008 had 59 registered members. It also has a reputation for its sports teams in South Auckland
- Phil Goff, politician, former Leader of the Opposition (2008–11)
- Georgina Beyer, politician
- Mark Gosche, politician
- David Shearer (1971–75), humanitarian worker and politician, Leader of the Opposition (2011–2013)
- Young Sid (Sidney Diamond), rapper
- David Dallas of Frontline.
- Emma Hunter, Samoan New Zealander Olympic swimmer
- Ricki Herbert, former All White and now manager of All Whites and Wellington Phoenix.
- Dillon Boucher, New Zealands most decorated basketballer and current assistant coach of the Tall Blacks and small forward for the New Zealand Breakers.
- Charlie Faumuina, Auckland and All Blacks player.
- Ish Sodhi, Northern Districts player and member of the New Zealand national cricket team
- "Directory of Schools - as at 17 August 2015". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Gower, Patrick (23 April 2009). "UN 'special guy' eyes Mt Albert seat". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Olympics: Young swimmer hopes to be first woman to swim for Samoa", TV3, May 17, 2008
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|