This article does not cite any sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paper-and-pencil games or paper-and-pen games (or some variation on those terms) are games that can be played solely with paper and pencils (or other writing implements), usually without erasing. Examples of paper-and-pencil games are Tic-tac-toe, Sprouts, and Dots and Boxes. Other examples include: Hangman, Connect 5, M.A.S.H., Battleships, Paper Soccer, Golf, WedgoLogic, and MLine.
Additionally, the term is used to distinguish role-playing games of the tabletop variety from role-playing video games, although those traditional role-playing games do not necessarily use either paper or pencils.
In some board games, particularly abstract strategy games like Gomoku, a piece, once played, will not be moved or removed from the board. Such games can be played either as board games or as paper-and-pencil games, while many other paper-and-pencil games require the use of writing utensils.
- Andrea Angiolino, Giocare con carta e matita, Elle Di Ci: Leumann, 1994
- Andrea Angiolino, Super Sharp's Pencil & Paper Games, Sterling Publishing: New York, 1995
- Andrea Angiolino, 101 giochi con carta e matita - tradizionali e innovativi, per allenare la mente divertendosi, Edizioni Sonda, Casale Monferrato, 2008
- Andrea Angiolino, Battaglia navale e altri giochi con carta e matita, Editoriale Scienza: Trieste, 2008
- Andrea Angiolino & Beniamino Sidoti, Dizionario dei giochi, Zanichelli: Bologna, 2010
- Giorgio Corbetta e Mario Gomboli, Battaglie di carta e matita con le Sturmtruppen, Rizzoli: Milano, 1979
- Jim Gladstones, Gladstones' Games to Go, Quirk Books: Philadelphia, 2004
- Karl-Heinz Koch, Spiele mit Papier und Bleistift, ECON Taschenbuch Verlag: Düsseldorf, 1988
- François Pingaud e Jean-François Germe, 50 Jeux avec du Papier et des Crayons, Éditions du Rocher: Monaco, 1984
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paper and pencil games.|
- A Zen Guide to Paper and Pen Games
- Paper-and-Pencil at BoardGameGeek
- A Paper and Pen Word Logic Game at WedgoLogic.com
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|