Pappu Venugopala Rao
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pappu Venugopala Rao
|Born||30 June 1948|
Dr.Pappu Venugopala Rao (born 30 June 1948) is a well-known Indian educationist and renowned musicologist. He specializes in Telugu and Sanskrit literature. He is also a writer and has written on varied subjects such as Music, Culture and spiritual subjects.
Pappu as he is fondly known was born in Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh. He has post graduated in English, Telugu and Sanskrit Literature from M. R. College, Vizianagaram. He earned his doctorate in Telugu and Sanskrit.
Pappu Venugopal Rao began his career as a Lecturer in Telugu at Mrs.AVN College, Visakhapatnam. Since 1980 he had been working with the American Institute of Indian Studies and retired as its Associate Director General for the Southern Indian region during 2008. He is presently the organisation's Consultant.
He is actively involved in research activities in Carnatic Music and Dance songs. He has delivered several lectures and presentations on the subject.
- Performed 'Ashtavadhanam' about twenty times in Telugu and Sanskrit languages.
- Delivered about 50 Lecture Demonstrations on various topics on Music & Kuchipudi Dance with Vempati Chinna Satyam in India and abroad.
- Delivered about 100 lectures on literature.
|S.No.||Name of Drama|
|01||'Agni Sambhuta' performed by Shri Dhananjayan and his disciple Anitha|
|02||'Satyam Shivam Sundaram' in Sanskrit choreographed by Kishore and performed by Sailaja of Saila Sudha|
|03||'Om Shanti' in Sanskrit choreographed by Kishore & performed by Sujatha Vinjamuri in the US|
|04||'Grahaanugraha' in Sanskrit performed by Vasantha Viaikunth in UAE & US|
|05||'Guru Stuti' in Sanskrit performed by Anuradha Nehru in the US|
|06||'Pitrarchana' in Sanskrit choreographed by Kishore & performed by Uma Muralikrishna|
|07||'Gajamukha' in Sanskrit performed by Jayanthi Raman in the US and world over.|
|08||'Stree' in Sanskrit performed by Vyjayanthi Kashi|
|09||'Kundalini' in Sanskrit choreographed by Kishore & performed by Sujatha Vinjamuri in the US.|
|10||'Pada Kavitaa Pithamaha' performed by Anita Guha's Bharantanjali|
|11||'Uddava Gita' in Sanskrit - Concept, Choreography and Bharatanatyam by Bala Devi Chandrashekar.|
|S.No.||Name of Publication|
|01||Thematic identity between the Mahabharata & Bhagavata Purana in Sanskrit & Telugu (Doctoral dissertation)|
|02||Bhagavata Tattvamu - Manavattvamu|
|03||Commentary for the Bhaja Govindam|
|04||Bhagavata Katha Sudha Vol I - II & III|
|07||Adi Sankarula Jeevita Charitra|
|08||English translation of Dasarathy Satakam|
|09||Flowers at His Feet|
|10||Rama Paada Yatra|
|11||Science of Sri Cakra|
12. Nritta Ratnavali book released in 2013 by Dr.Pappu Venugopala Rao & co authored by Dr. Yasoda.
- Dr.K.V.Rao & Dr.Jyoti Rao Award in association with Sri Raja-Lakshmi Foundation and the Telugu Fine Arts Society, New Jersey, USA.
- Aasukavi Sekhara conferred by Prof. S.V.Jogarao
- Sangeetha Saastra Visaarada
- Sangeeta Saastra Siromani
- Ashtavadhaana Sekhara
- "'Science of Sri Cakra' released". The Hindu. 15 March 2008.
- "From the pages of History". The Hindu. 27 July 2007.
- "Book on Annamacharya's compositions released". The Hindu. 24 April 2006.
- "Uddhava's anguish". The Hindu. 13 December 2012.
- "Nritta, natya, music… philosophy". The Hindu. 28 December 2012.