|Birth name||Jason Gaisie|
|Also known as||Fante Van Damme, Realer No|
13 February 1989|
|Genres||Hip hop, hiplife|
Early life and education
Jason Gaisie was born on 13 February 1989 to parents Kofi Badu and Rosemond Gaisie. He was born and raised in Takoradi, in the Western Region of Ghana. He attended Ridge International School up until 2004, then went to Italy to be with his mother.
Pappy Kojo showed his interest and love for music at an early age. He took part in locally organized rap shows where he would rap to Obrafour, Tic Tac, Reggie Rockstone, and Lord Kenya. His biggest musical influences are Obrafour, The Shady Aftermath Camp and Michael Jackson. After leaving Ghana for Italy in 2004, his love for rap music grew even greater. He began covering popular songs and posting them on his YouTube channel.
Around the same time, he began recording his own material with Italian and Ghanaian music producers. This created some buzz for the young rapper. He grew in popularity in the latter part of 2014 when he collaborated on a smash hit record with Ghanaian superstar Joey B.
He was nominated three times at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards and won an award for the Hip-Hop Song of the year. He has also been nominated for the Best Newcomer in Africa at the AFRIMMA Awards.
Awards and nominations
Ghana Music Awards
|2015||Himself||Hip Hop Song of the Year 2015 – Realer No f/ Joey B||Won|||
|Hip-life/Hip-hop Artiste of the Year 2015||Nominated|||
|Best New Artiste of the Year 2015||Nominated|
MTN 4Syte Music Video Awards
|2015||Himself||Best Hi pHop Video||Nominated|
|2015||Himself||Most Popular Video||Nominated|
|2015||Himself||Best New Discovery Video||Nominated|
|2015||Himself||Best Collaboration Video||Nominated|
- "VIDEO: Pappy Kojo Visit His High School & Been Acused Of Stealing". HypingGhana.com. google.com/youngcephas. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Ghana News – I deserve all my Ghana Music Awards nominations – Pappy Kojo". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Pappy Kojo and Joey B's Realer No Becomes The Most Popular Song in Brong Ahafo". Modern Ghana. www.google.com/+modernghana. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Who Is Pappy Kojo? (Part 1)". Modern Ghana. www.google.com/+modernghana. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Obrafour Is My Mentor, My Rasta Is For Him – Pappy Kojo | Ghana HomePage". Ghana HomePage. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Joey B and Pappy Kojo to perform on Big Brother Africa Hotshots Show this Sunday". Ghanamotion.com – Ghana's Premiere Music Site. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "AFRIMMA 2015: Stonebwoy, Efya, Sarkodie, Wiyaala, others nominated for awards – Music – Pulse". pulse.com.gh. plus.google.com/103728116375160305018. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "PAPPY KOJO: The Man Of The Moment – Daily Guide Ghana". www.dailyguideghana.com. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Ghana News – Full list of winners for 2015 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "VGMA 2015: See The Full List of Winners – Music – Pulse". pulse.com.gh. https://plus.google.com/103728116375160305018. Retrieved 2015-10-26. External link in
- "Ghana News – I deserve all my Ghana Music Awards nominations – Pappy Kojo". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "AFRIMMA 2015: Stonebwoy, Sarkodie, Efya, others nominated – Entertainment News | Viasat1.com.gh". www.viasat1.com.gh. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "Pappy Kojo – Realer No ft Joey B (Prod By SlimBo)". GhXclusives.com. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Pappy Kojo – Ay3 Late ft Sarkodie". gh.tooxclusive.com. Retrieved 1 July 2015.