Papua New Guinea women's national rugby sevens team
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Union||Papua New Guinea Rugby Football Union|
|Papua New Guinea 17 – 17 Samoa|
(2007 Pacific Women's Sevens Championship, 1 December 2007)
|Papua New Guinea 77 – 0 Tahiti|
(2017 Oceania Women's Sevens Championship, 10 November 2017)
|World Cup Sevens|
|Appearances||1 (First in 2018)|
|2015 Port Moresby||Team|
The Papua New Guinea women's national rugby sevens team represents Papua New Guinea in international rugby sevens tournaments, particularly the Oceania Women's Sevens Championship and Pacific Games. PNG's first international was in 2007 while hosting the first ever Pacific women's sevens championship (now known as Oceania Women's Sevens Championship) in Port Moresby. In 2017, the team participated for the first time in the World Rugby Women's Sevens Series as an invited team at the 2017 Sydney Women's Sevens. Papua New Guinea made its debut at the Women's Sevens World Cup in 2018.
A red box around the year indicates tournaments played within Papua New Guinea
World Cup Sevens results
|Rugby World Cup Sevens|
|2009||Did not enter|
|2013||Did not qualify|
|2018||Challenge trophy QF||15th||4||1||3||0|
Olympic Games results
|2016||Did not qualify|
Commonwealth Games results
|2018||Did not qualify|
Pacific Games results
Oceania Women's Sevens results
|Oceania Women's Sevens|
|2008||Did not attend|||
|2015 Pacific Games squad|
- "Fijiana take Pacific women's Sevens". IRB. 2007. Archived from the original on 4 April 2008. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Oceania Sevens women's final". Oceania Rugby. 2008. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015.
- "New Zealand claim Oceania Women's Sevens Championship". Oceania Rugby. 2012. Archived from the original on 9 December 2013.
- "Women's Sevens Statistics - Day 2" (PDF). Oceania Rugby. 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 October 2013.
- "Fiji and New Zealand win the Oceania Sevens". IRB. 2014. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Australia and Fijiana Win Places at 2016 Olympic Games Sevens". Oceania Rugby. 2015. Archived from the original on 15 November 2015.
- "Australian women win Oceania rugby sevens". Special Broadcasting Service. 12 November 2016. Archived from the original on 9 March 2017.
- "Rugby Union 7s Female: Game2 Result" (PDF). pg2015.gems.pro. 2015 Pacific Games. 8 July 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Rugby Union 7s Female: Papua New Guinea". pg2015.gems.pro. 2015 Pacific Games. Retrieved 2016-07-19.